Why does my phone never let me download apps?

NJHourigan

I have a Moto G (1st gen) and  whenever I try to download an app it says I have insufficient storage space, when I have 477MB aavailable and the app is like 50MB max

yeah it can be annoying even things that are like 1mb are like that, just take stuff off. i can never go past 500mb remaning, just take stuff off till you have about 800mb

Mine did that to me before, tried to get fallout shelter when I had almost 1.5gb of space left. Cleared just a pinch of space and it allowed me to download it. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

The download folder is marked as a seperate partition, and is maxed to about 100 MB, but when the system storage goes below 1024 MB, the storage is re-dedicated and the download partition is reduced to 42 MB.

Try going to App Drawer > Hold on the play store icon > and drag it to app info up the top of the screen > it will take you to settings for google play store. Click on the Clear Data button. Back out of settings and open up play store, you will probably have to set up the play store again but should fix download and install problems.