Nexus 7 2013

Uncharted218

I really want to get a Nexus 7 2013 edition but people are having gps problems and keyboard problems. Is it worth getting it despite the problems or is it better to go for something different?

CPU: i5 3570K; Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V; RAM: Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB); GPU: MSI R7850 Twin Frozr; Case: Thermaltake Commander MS-I Snow Edition; Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue (500GB); PSU: Thermaltake Modular PSU 750 Watts

if you dont need it now, then wait. when the original nexus 7 first came out everyone complained about the storage only being 8GB. with 3months google made 16GB the new standard. if there are any hardware problems, Google will fix them asap

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

I purchased one. It's a good tablet, no keyboard issues, can't say when it comes to GPS cause I don't use it. But everything else is so far so good. If you've ever owned the original N7,this will definitely be an upgrade. Just be if you do get it, there's a system update for Android 4.3 that resolved the first WIFI issues.

But other than that, it's one of the best tablets I've used so far, and I've used a few; iPad 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, Kindle Fire HD.

I purchased one. It's a good tablet, no keyboard issues, can't say when it comes to GPS cause I don't use it. But everything else is so far so good. If you've ever owned the original N7,this will definitely be an upgrade. Just be if you do get it, there's a system update for Android 4.3 that resolved the first WIFI issues.

But other than that, it's one of the best tablets I've used so far, and I've used a few; iPad 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, Kindle Fire HD.

actually i am in the same situation can't decide which to choose, but since you have used the tab 2 and you say that the nexus is better, can i know why? :P

I Listen. i Observe. I Learn. I make my own decision 

I personally think it's never a good idea to purchase a device right after it's release. Give it at least a month or two so that the manufacture has time to make revisions to the hardware. 

The original Nexus 7 had some hardware defects (eg. screen getting separated from the frame) that got fixed after several revisions. 

CPU:Intel 3770k Motherboard:Gigabyte z77x-ud5h GPU:Gigabyte GTX 660 Ti Ram:Kingston HyperX Blu 16GB Storage:Crucial M4 128GB+Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case:Zalman Z11 Plus PSU:Corsair TX650 Cooler:Noctua NH-D14 Fans:Noctua NF-P12+ Silverstone AP123 Keyboard:Corsair K90 Mouse:Corsair M60 Monitors:Dell U2412M+U2312HM

• 3 weeks later...

actually i am in the same situation can't decide which to choose, but since you have used the tab 2 and you say that the nexus is better, can i know why? :P

I purchased the Tab 2 a while ago and didn't really give it a chance. Back then I had the HTC Thunderbolt and was able to load my apps onto my SD card to save phone space. I thought since the Tab 2 had SD support I could do the same, but unfortunately at the time Android 3.0 didn't have that functionality. But now since you can upgrade the Tab 2 to 4.0 it may have returned, I'm not sure.

Since the Nexus is a direct Google brand (made by Asus), you'll definitely be assured that it will get the latest updates (good or bad) from Google WITHOUT the need to root, which is what boat I'm in.

Overall though, the Nexus 7 is still by far the snappiest, longest lasting, directly supported tablet I've come across (Android, 7-inch). NOTE: I don't game on it, just Web browsing, YouTube and movie watching, as well as some word docs and excel sheets. Only slight music listening. I don't have the need of an SD card anymore because I use Google Drive to save my work and I can retrieve it on my desktop, and all my photos I take I use Dropbox and just make back ups on my external drive for safe keeping.

Sorry I may have been misleading, I don't use my tablet for taking photos, I actually use my Moto RAZR HD. And if I were to use the Nexus for long trips, I'm one to enjoy myself with my travels rather than use my time watching movies on my tablet, so one or two movies are good enough, not my entire library.

I also started using my Nexus 7 to read my digital mag subscriptions, so I don't clutter my house with paper copies.