I may sound dumb but thats why I'm here, question on SLI and capability with MB

Butterchicken2
Go to solution Solved by Godlygamer23,

No. NVIDIA requires PCIe x8 at the very least to support SLI regardless of generation. The motherboard has one PCIe x16 slot that's wired for 16 lanes and one PCIe x16 slot that's wired for x4. The other slots are PCIe x1 and PCI.

Hi there, please bear with me on this for I'm rather new to the pc world.  So I'm looking at this motherboard here: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4955#ov I may just be missing it some where or it may not even be stated but my question is that would I be able to use dual Nvidia gtx 950's with this motherboard.  Thanks!

No. According to the link it only supports crossfire. The mobo will have SLI READY! on the page because its a huge feature of it. If it does not it wont support sli. 

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

No. NVIDIA requires PCIe x8 at the very least to support SLI regardless of generation. The motherboard has one PCIe x16 slot that's wired for 16 lanes and one PCIe x16 slot that's wired for x4. The other slots are PCIe x1 and PCI.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Like the above people said, it will not work. However, if you do not mind the color scheme you can go with the asrock z97 extreme3 which is probably the cheapest sli capable motherboard.

Hi there, please bear with me on this for I'm rather new to the pc world.  So I'm looking at this motherboard here: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4955#ov I may just be missing it some where or it may not even be stated but my question is that would I be able to use dual Nvidia gtx 950's with this motherboard.  Thanks!

You shouldn't sli 2 950s. For that price, you can get a GTX 970 and you'll get much, much, MUCH better performance. Also, people tend to run into issues with sli configurations. I would definitely just get a 970.

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.4GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming | PSU: Corsair CX600M | Cooler: NZXT Kraken x41 | Motherboard: Asus z97-E | Case: Zalman Z11 Neo | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X @ 2400MHz | Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 120GB Team Dark SSD |  OS: Windows 10 Pro

You shouldn't sli 2 950s. For that price, you can get a GTX 970 and you'll get much, much, MUCH better performance. Also, people tend to run into issues with sli configurations. I would definitely just get a 970.

This guy is right. The GTX 970 would be a better option and you could sli that later. You could also look at the 390 if you want that 8gb.

Thanks for all the replies!  I now have more info on what to and what not to do when looking for gpu, and once again thanks for all the help!