What are the chances my Wireless Adapter is dead?

Simba

Back in December I bought >>this<< wireless adapter from scan.co.uk

At first I had no problems and my internet was running smoothly. Recently I have been suffering from high ping spikes however only a few of them have affected anyone else in the house. Sometimes I will be playing a game and my ping will go from 23ms to over 1500ms for about 10 seconds. This was annoying but I thought it was to do with my ISP. 

I am running a small teamspeak server on my old laptop for me and about 3 friends. Which is and has been working fine for the past week or so. However today my PC has been having very bad internet problems. For starters teamspeak sounds very laggy even though everyone else says they are fine. This must be my PC and not my connection because I am the one hosting it right? World of Warcraft has been showing my latency as over 85000ms  :angry: (unplayable) and I have been getting complete network dropouts where I cannot access the internet. I'd like to point out that it is also slow connecting to my router's default gateway address. 

What are the chances that this is my wireless adapter or could it be a software problem?

UNRELATED (KINDA) - I went to restart my PC and it wanted to do a windows update. I clicked update and shut down but the "Configuring windows updates" part took about 20 minutes, it usually takes less than 2. 

NOTE - I KNOW I would be better off with a LAN cable but in my current situation this is NOT POSSIBLE in anyway. The PC is above the room where my router is and the connection is usually five bars all the time. 

-snip- 

Is it possible to try a cable? If not, I would just get another. At the end of the day it is only £11 and it sounds like that is the problem (eg, it getting gradually worse until it stops).

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

I would probably get a new one, it's only £11 so it's not that bad

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

I would probably get a new one, it's only £11 so it's not that bad

Is it possible to try a cable? If not, I would just get another. At the end of the day it is only £11 and it sounds like that is the problem (eg, it getting gradually worse until it stops).

I guess it wouldn't hurt to lug it downstairs and try it plugged into the TV. It's only £11 but if it's a software problem then I didn't want to waste money. 

I guess it wouldn't hurt to lug it downstairs and try it plugged into the TV. It's only £11 but if it's a software problem then I didn't want to waste money. 

That's true, test it downstairs and get back to us  :D  :)

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

That's true, test it downstairs and get back to us  :D  :)

Sorry I didn't reply earlier but I only just got round to it. I managed to plug it into LAN and it worked fine with pings of 11ms when pinging google.com (way better than 255 right?  :D)

I have ordered a similar adapter but this time by Asus rather than Edimax. Wish me luck!  :lol: