ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Error-Code 41 Emergency!

Ermodo
Go to solution Solved by Ermodo,

OK Guys. I moved the case and all of It's contents and let the Board take care of itself. After a few minutes it bootet into windows. If nothing else is wrong I would call you again. THANK YOU to all you tried thier best to help me. I really appreciate it. Again THANK YOU

Hello,

Yesterday I build a PC and it worked fine until this morning. I looked in the uefi and it showed me 1.4V Core and I wanted to lower it to 1.2V. As it didn't boot that time I tried to reset and clear the cmos, Sometimes the board boots but wants to do a Setup with a reboot which fails. Bow it only says 41 as a Post-Code but in the manual I can't find the code. PLEASE help

American Megatrends if I remember right

Thats the name of the OEM not the motherboard BIOS

sometimes its booting right a way but the code appears after I try the setup

well, funnily enough, neither could I, so perhaps the OP is running a different type of BIOS, because I found one for phoenixBIOS under "41" which sounds to be related to this issue.

Maybe there is a problem with the RAM?

then ask the OP to go down to one stick, rather than telling me.

Lol you seem very grumpy

When I clear the c_Mos it boots but when I press F! to setup and then save the setting s without changing them the uefi won't boot

Sure I have but I have only 1 and have to switch between this and the broken PC

PLS tell me what to do

You need to contact Asus for assistance. Flashing the BIOS might help, but since the system is unstable to begin with, you're more likely to brick the board if you try. The thing is, if they tell you to try, it's on them. If you try against their advice (as it stands in the warranty conditions) it's on you.

You told us earlier, you've just exited the BIOS after entering it. Did you save the settings with F10 or exit without saving? If you didn't save, that might be your problem. Also, after resetting BIOS, your RAM settings are gonna be off. Did you check them? As in the DRAM speed, timings and DRAM voltage.

After I cleared the C_MOS it boos but then says Press F1 to run setup (Image). Then I go to Exit and press "Load optimized defaults" and then "Save Changes and reset". After that it gives me the code 41

After I cleared the C_MOS it boos but then says Press F1 to run setup (Image). Then I go to Exit and press "Load optimized defaults" and then "Save Changes and reset". After that it gives me the code 41

OK. That should work if you have JEDEC ram. If it's OC RAM, you need to enter the settings before saving the settings. What's the exact make and product number of your ram?

Kingston HyperX 16GB Memory Kit   16GB DDR4-2400 CL15 288-Pin UDIMM Kit (2x8GB)

HX424C15FBK2/16

OK Guys. I moved the case and all of It's contents and let the Board take care of itself. After a few minutes it bootet into windows. If nothing else is wrong I would call you again. THANK YOU to all you tried thier best to help me. I really appreciate it. Again THANK YOU

Kingston HyperX 16GB Memory Kit   16GB DDR4-2400 CL15 288-Pin UDIMM Kit (2x8GB)

HX424C15FBK2/16

All right. The RAM should be able to handle the JEDEC standard settings, 2133-14-14-14-1.2V and 2400-15-15-15-1.2V but only 2400-15-15-15-1.2V at XMP and it's only marketed as 2400MHz. Which leads me to suspect that there's something about the CL14 that poses a problem for that particular kit. 

Here's what I propose you do: Make sure the RAM is installed and seated deep in the A2 and B2 slots (the light gray ones further away from the CPU socket). Reset the BIOS and enter it, press F7 to turn on the Advanced mode and navigate to Extreme Tweaker. Move down to AI Overclock Tuner and set it to X.M.P. There should only be one profile available but if there's more, pick Profile #1. Just to make sure, don't change anything else at this point. Hit F10 to save and exit and select Yes to confirm. If the system posts fine after this, you can re-enter bios to set the boot priority, time and date and other stuff you like.

The reasoning behind all this is that the "optimized default settings" that you loaded previously are from the motherboards point of view. It's what Asus assumes is right enough and is based heavily on the assumption that the components use or at least support standard settings, like JEDEC. When you turn on X.M.P. however, the CMOS will actually "ask" the CPU and RAM, what they are supposed to run on. Hopefully this solves your problem. If not, I'm out of ideas.

The thing with the DIMM slots is an Intel thing. For some reason Intel boards want their first RAM in the A2 slot, not the A1. It's how it's always been. AMD most often doesn't care.

WOW great answer. If the problem shows again I will try this out and let you know i it worked.