Help!

ceez99
Go to solution Solved by PHXQwerty,

It looks like it might work but only if you can use two inputs at the same time, in this case, the optical in for consoles and the AUX in for the music. The manual doesn't say anything about doing so...

You can! Check some reviews or google it for clarification!

EDIT: The Astro UK FAQ says : "For Xbox 360 and PS3 users at home, the MixAmp™ enables you to combine voice communication and game sound in one headset - ideal for discrete “midnight gaming” sessions. You can also add your own soundtrack to any game as you play. Simply connect your music player to the mp3 input and you’re good to go." Same applies for PS4!

What's up guys!

So I want to know what would be the best solution for me. My problem is that when I play on my consoles, (don't hate pc gamers, I'm saving for one...) I use gaming headphones but i also want to listen to music while playing. My solution for years had been to play music with my ear buds under the headphones.  The music comes through either my iphone or my macbook. My gaming headphones are either plugged into the console with bluetooth (ps3), usb (ps4), an aux coord (ps4 remote), or the line out of my monitor. I do use the mic when ever possible. So what i want to know is how i can use my headphones or speakers and mix my music into the game audio. Ideally, I don't want to be unplugging and plugging cables when ever I switch between consoles or my computer and phone for music. I want the highest def audio and no lag. I also want to use a mic with my consoles when i play online and my computer when I record via capture card (p.s. trying to start up a youtube channel). What are my options? Please let me know if you need more info.

-Thanks-

Confused Gamer

xbox supports that but i dont think playstation does :( (i could be wrong tho)

What's up guys!

So I want to know what would be the best solution for me. My problem is that when I play on my consoles, (don't hate pc gamers, I'm saving for one...) I use gaming headphones but i also want to listen to music while playing. My solution for years had been to play music with my ear buds under the headphones.  The music comes through either my iphone or my macbook. My gaming headphones are either plugged into the console with bluetooth (ps3), usb (ps4), an aux coord (ps4 remote), or the line out of my monitor. I do use the mic when ever possible. So what i want to know is how i can use my headphones or speakers and mix my music into the game audio. Ideally, I don't want to be unplugging and plugging cables when ever I switch between consoles or my computer and phone for music. I want the highest def audio and no lag. I also want to use a mic with my consoles when i play online and my computer when I record via capture card (p.s. trying to start up a youtube channel). What are my options? Please let me know if you need more info.

-Thanks-

Confused Gamer

You can checkout an Astro Mixamp. Hopefully this what you are looking for!

You can checkout an Astro Mixamp. Hopefully this what you are looking for!

It looks like it might work but only if you can use two inputs at the same time, in this case, the optical in for consoles and the AUX in for the music. The manual doesn't say anything about doing so...

EDIT: The Astro UK FAQ says : "For Xbox 360 and PS3 users at home, the MixAmp™ enables you to combine voice communication and game sound in one headset - ideal for discrete “midnight gaming” sessions. You can also add your own soundtrack to any game as you play. Simply connect your music player to the mp3 input and you’re good to go." Same applies for PS4!

Yea I did some digging too and i found the same thing. This should work. Thanks!