Getting an i3

Jedicake

I know that it probably doesn't matter much, but which i3 exactly should I get...? The price difference can be $40 between the older ones and newer ones. I dunno if the performance gain (I'm assuming it's minimal) is worth it??

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

I know that it probably doesn't matter much, but which i3 exactly should I get...? The price difference can be $40 between the older ones and newer ones. I dunno if the performance gain (I'm assuming it's minimal) is worth it??

get the i3 4170 or 4160 what ever is cheaper

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

if you are just playing non-cpu intensive games then you can get away with an overclocked pentium G3258

get the i3 4170 or 4160 what ever is cheaper

thanks, friend

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

thanks, friend

no problem :)

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

The 4170 is usually the cheapest. It's pretty much a 4360. Whichever has the highest clock speed for the dollar that costs less than $130 USD is what you should go for.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||