Lenovo Y50-70 2015 i7 Model (59441231) - Is it good?

Rux

Hey everyone!

After my last post (Gaming Laptop for 1000€) I have gotten some good suggestions, but haven't been able to choose the right laptop that fits my needs. 

The one laptop I found very appealing was the Lenovo Y50-70 - 9441231. It has some amazing specs and also the design looks really awesome.

Here's the one I'm currently considering to purchase: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0.../PNUQCJI57B6 (Not sure if there might be a better deal somewhere, since I am in germany but I linked the english page for you)

It has everything I need on a workstation, the ram, graphics card and also a nice ssd drive. Some things that still question me are the differents between the model with the Lenovo BGN Wifi card and the model with Intel Dual-Band 3160

I mainly want to use this laptop as my desktop replacement to do all the tasks such as:

• make / edit some videos,
  • coding and programming,
  • lots of gaming
  • graphics and motion design with the adobe creative apps such as illustrator, photoshop and after effects.

What are your thoughts? I would love some suggestions or maybe tips :)

Thanks! 

Links: (german lenovo page

Solid laptop!

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Yes, very good laptop!

If I had the money, I'd have one sitting on my desk! :P

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Solid laptop!

Yes, very good laptop!

If I had the money, I'd have one sitting on my desk! :P

Thanks for replies! :) 

Looks good to me. I've had a Dell XPS, an Alienware, an HP, an Asus, an Asus RoG, and a Lenovo when it comes to laptops. I can honestly say that the Lenovo was the only one that I was pleased with. It was also the only one that never died on me.

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!

Looks good to me. I've had a Dell XPS, an Alienware, an HP, an Asus, an Asus RoG, and a Lenovo when it comes to laptops. I can honestly say that the Lenovo was the only one that I was pleased with. It was also the only one that never died on me.

Nice to hear that, yes I have also only heard lots of positive feedback on lenovo devices. Specially the keyboards and the thinkpad laptops for being so incredibly durable and stable.

Nice to hear that, yes I have also only heard lots of positive feedback on lenovo devices. Specially the keyboards and the thinkpad laptops for being so incredibly durable and stable.

Yup they are great from my experience. I had a high tier Z580. Loved it but gave it away after two years.

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!