RAID 0 Question

TheMikeyG

I currently have 1 ssd for boot and a hdd for storage and would like to add another ssd to my system.

My current 120gb ssd has my os and essential programs and files on it, i would like to RAID 0 this with another 240gb ssd to improve the speeds. To do so would i have to wipe me C: drive and re install windows or can i create a raid with all data on it and it will be separated evenly asif they were always like that.

Thanks

no you don't have to wipe but using raid 0 could cause failures and windows is on your ssd and corrupt windows which will fuck up windows hardscore.

Use raid 5 instead

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

I currently have 1 ssd for boot and a hdd for storage and would like to add another ssd to my system.

My current 120gb ssd has my os and essential programs and files on it, i would like to RAID 0 this with another 240gb ssd to improve the speeds. To do so would i have to wipe me C: drive and re install windows or can i create a raid with all data on it and it will be separated evenly asif they were always like that.

Thanks

You are required to wipe the drive and will have to reinstall windows to RAID them. Also, if you RAID0 a 120GB drive with a 240 GB, you only get the size of the smaller drive, so 240GB in total. I would recommend reinstalling Windows to the larger drive and keeping the SSDs separate.

You are required to wipe the drive and will have to reinstall windows to RAID them. Also, if you RAID a 120GB drive with a 240 GB, you only get the size of the smaller drive, so 240GB in total. I would recommend reinstalling Windows to the larger drive and keeping the SSDs separate.

Nice one thanks, think i will do that then!!