CRAZY HEAT PROBLEM HELP

Crazy_guy_757

I'm an old timer, I can remember when there was nothing but air cooling, so it is what I grew up with. Plus my work environment is all about energy/cooling/electricity and control. If you bring in air from front/sides/bottom and push air out through top and back with enough air flow you can maintain very good temps even with a load. Currently I am maintaining 42c CPU temp @ 1.5v CPU and 23c MB temp, CPU clock is 4.4ghz

FX temps are calculated, the only way to get an accurate temp reading with FX chips is under load, at idle the temps jump about due to the algorithm. When the CPU isn't under constant load then the next best thing is to use the CPU socket temp as a rough guide. 

Using loops of copper with a radiator is pretty pointless, the radiators available will do what you need fine without the hassle of looping copper pipe. I have a 360 and a 240 in my case and my socket is sat at 34c with all the fans turned right down, front rad has 2x120mm fans intake, exhaust fan is rotated to intake and my 360 is exhausting. temps under load while gaming level out at 50ish and go as low as 44c. 

I just started using my new pc today and the cooler is was using (Cooler Master Hyper TX3) was giving me high 50s to 60s IDLE so i replaced the thermal paste 2-3 times and still getting problems, switched to the stock cooler and still 50s to 60s, I dont know what to do.

HELP

OP You need to read this first please...

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id-2122665/understanding-temperature-amd-cpus-apus.html

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

FX temps are calculated, the only way to get an accurate temp reading with FX chips is under load, at idle the temps jump about due to the algorithm. When the CPU isn't under constant load then the next best thing is to use the CPU socket temp as a rough guide. 

Using loops of copper with a radiator is pretty pointless, the radiators available will do what you need fine without the hassle of looping copper pipe. I have a 360 and a 240 in my case and my socket is sat at 34c with all the fans turned right down, front rad has 2x120mm fans intake, exhaust fan is rotated to intake and my 360 is exhausting. temps under load while gaming level out at 50ish and go as low as 44c. 

OP You need to read this first please...

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id-2122665/understanding-temperature-amd-cpus-apus.html

Benji, I write algorithms for a living specifically for power and cooling so I know how that works. The personal tools I use for managing my temps gives me quite accurate temps. My load temps are right around 52c usually. As farf as copper loops is concerned it was mainly meant to help get my point across about water/ligquid cooling. I engineer cooling systems/power systems and control systems for many different applications. If you had the space using longer coil runs it would make a difference in temp. Yes most AIO untis are adequate, that was not the point. Main point being you CAN achieve adequate and or very good temps with air cooling.

Benji, I write algorithms for a living specifically for power and cooling so I know how that works. The personal tools I use for managing my temps gives me quite accurate temps. My load temps are right around 52c usually. As farf as copper loops is concerned it was mainly meant to help get my point across about water/ligquid cooling. I engineer cooling systems/power systems and control systems for many different applications. If you had the space using longer coil runs it would make a difference in temp. Yes most AIO untis are adequate, that was not the point. Main point being you CAN achieve adequate and or very good temps with air cooling.

You can indeed, I don't dispute that, but an AIO can do it better than an air cooler imo. I was just adding information to the post in understanding the temps thing as it seems to freak a lot of people out when they first get an FX chip. My experience with air cooling and overclocking ended poorly so I stick to water with good acoustics and temps.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

You can indeed, I don't dispute that, but an AIO can do it better than an air cooler imo. I was just adding information to the post in understanding the temps thing as it seems to freak a lot of people out when they first get an FX chip. My experience with air cooling and overclocking ended poorly so I stick to water with good acoustics and temps.

True, most new comers to AMD and the FX line tend to do that. I have been using AMD since their first single core.... (another grey hair just poped into my chin). I have used water cooling in some builds and air in others, just depends on what the coffee does to me that morning. And I want to say that old AMD was a K5? my memory not as long as it used to be.

Anyway, I just really enjoy the conversation and the sharing of knowledge, no matter the topic. I work from home these days so I get on here and see what I can get into, thank you for the responses I hope I didnt come across like an ass..

True, most new comers to AMD and the FX line tend to do that. I have been using AMD since their first single core.... (another grey hair just poped into my chin). I have used water cooling in some builds and air in others, just depends on what the coffee does to me that morning. And I want to say that old AMD was a K5? my memory not as long as it used to be.

Anyway, I just really enjoy the conversation and the sharing of knowledge, no matter the topic. I work from home these days so I get on here and see what I can get into, thank you for the responses I hope I didnt come across like an ass..

Haha, no you didn't I'm technically immune to any form of emotion through screen based text on forums now, older and wiser than I used to be! I'm 26 so I don't really jump the gun. Your input was interesting to say the least so just wanted to add too. Have a good day.  :)

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

Haha, no you didn't I'm technically immune to any form of emotion through screen based text on forums now, older and wiser than I used to be! I'm 26 so I don't really jump the gun. Your input was interesting to say the least so just wanted to add too. Have a good day.  :)

I was looking at your build there at the bottom of your response, are you using only one SSD drive for the system?

I was looking at your build there at the bottom of your response, are you using only one SSD drive for the system?

Ah, need to update it lol I've missed off the 1TB WD black I have for storage and games, I use the SSD as a boot and main programs drive.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

Ah, need to update it lol I've missed off the 1TB WD black I have for storage and games, I use the SSD as a boot and main programs drive.

Very good, I use 2 SSD's in a raid 1, 2 1TB Seagate HDD's for storage in a raid 1. I primarily require redundancy, I use my PC for work as well as gaming so I cant afford to lose data and then backup to the cloud.

Very good, I use 2 SSD's in a raid 1, 2 1TB Seagate HDD's for storage in a raid 1. I primarily require redundancy, I use my PC for work as well as gaming so I cant afford to lose data and then backup to the cloud.

I plan on getting a NAS at some point in the future, I do a lot of graphic design based work so I need back ups but most of it goes on cloud storage.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

I plan on getting a NAS at some point in the future, I do a lot of graphic design based work so I need back ups but most of it goes on cloud storage.

Go to www.microcenter.com under products/clearance/openbox, you can get some great deals there. I bought a Corsair 730T case for 100 bucks just because the box was opened. But I know they have some NAS with and without disks, look there and in clearance or refurbished, good deals there as well.