Microsoft Basic display adapter

Thrand

Just purchased a brand new PC, but it wont pick up the graphics card. It knows it there because I used GPU-Z and it knows its there but it also shows Microsoft basic display adapter. I assumed I had to try and download the drivers then redirect windows to the folder to manually update, but for some reason the amd catalyst program crashes my computer every time. used DDU to try and make sure there were no other drivers causing trouble, i'm just really not sure what to do.

I had windows 10 installed and I decided to get a copy of windows 8 to put on instead because I read all the horror stories of people with AMD 390x with windows 10 so I figured that was my issue in general. but I suppose not

The screen goes all crazy when I try to install the drivers almost like the Vram is gone, im not really sure if that's it or if it's possible that not having the drivers could make the screen go funky. I really don't know I've been messing with it for the last 8-10 hours and have gotten no where. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

Asus Z170 pro gaming mobo

Core i7-6700k

corsair AX1200i psu

16gb ddr4 2800 ram

AMD 390x Graphics card

Corsair h100i gtx cpu cooler

Asus xonar essence STX sound card

I don't even know if what I just said made any sense or not, but if anyone can understand enough to offer me a solution much appreciated.

Just purchased a brand new PC, but it wont pick up the graphics card. It knows it there because I used GPU-Z and it knows its there but it also shows Microsoft basic display adapter. I assumed I had to try and download the drivers then redirect windows to the folder to manually update, but for some reason the amd catalyst program crashes my computer every time. used DDU to try and make sure there were no other drivers causing trouble, i'm just really not sure what to do.

I had windows 10 installed and I decided to get a copy of windows 8 to put on instead because I read all the horror stories of people with AMD 390x with windows 10 so I figured that was my issue in general. but I suppose not

The screen goes all crazy when I try to install the drivers almost like the Vram is gone, im not really sure if that's it or if it's possible that not having the drivers could make the screen go funky. I really don't know I've been messing with it for the last 8-10 hours and have gotten no where. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

Asus Z170 pro gaming mobo

Core i7-6700k

corsair AX1200i psu

16gb ddr4 2800 ram

AMD 390x Graphics card

Corsair h100i gtx cpu cooler

Asus xonar essence STX sound card

I don't even know if what I just said made any sense or not, but if anyone can understand enough to offer me a solution much appreciated.

isnt the psu a bit overkill?

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

Microsoft Basic display adapter = usually your CPU (Not integrated graphics, but literally Windows using your CPU as a gpu)

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

Microsoft Basic display adapter = usually your CPU (Not integrated graphics, but literally Windows using your CPU as a gpu)

Yea I've tried that but when I go into bios switch it from auto to just do the graphics card I still get the same thing. Its like it wont save

Any help at all would be appreciated