UEFI - Setting 'CPU_FAN' curve for Kraken x61 pump?

Dumb question, not even sure if this makes a difference or not really.

Basically, my UEFI gives me an option to control all fan headers on my motherboard (X99-Pro) no surprises here.

But my Kraken x61 is plugged into the CPU Fan header.

Should the curve for my CPU fan header be set to FULL ON in the UEFI? Will this affect the pump? 

Or is there another optimal setting.

(Not entirely positive on whether my AIO's pump is powered by the SATA power connection or the 3-Pin connection)

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

Dumb question, not even sure if this makes a difference or not really.

Basically, my UEFI gives me an option to control all fan headers on my motherboard (X99-Pro) no surprises here.

But my Kraken x61 is plugged into the CPU Fan header.

Should the curve for my CPU fan header be set to FULL ON in the UEFI? Will this affect the pump?

Or is there another optimal setting.

(Not entirely positive on whether my AIO's pump is powered by the SATA power connection or the 3-Pin connection)

Set it to full, the software will adjust the pump speed. The pump is powered by the 3 pin connector, the data connector is for the fan leads

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB

Set it to full, the software will adjust the pump speed. The pump is powered by the 3 pin connector, the data connector is for the fan leads

That's what I have it set to now, was just wondering about safety and whatnot, regarding voltage since it is only a 3-Pin header.

Any other opinions on this would be much appreciated as well!

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

On my Corsair H90, I have the pump plugged into the PWR_FAN which runs at 100%. If it detects a dip below a predefined value, it will initiate a shutdown. 

The fan I have plugged into CPU_FAN and have it set as such:

<40 degrees C = 50% 

>60 degrees C = 100%

And just a steady ramp in between. Works great for me, and is silent unless I'm really working the CPU for extended periods of time.

• 7 months later...

For the best thermal/acoustic performance ratio, leave the pump at full speed and set a custom curve for the fans.
I use it on an Intel I7-6700K @ 4.7GHz and it works deadly silent!

You can find my settings in this video, along with some tests.

10 hours ago, francetro said:

-snip-

Dude, this thread is half a year old. Really?