Crossfire ULPS Issues

ClutchHunter

This issue has cropped up recently. 7970/7950 Crossfire.

ULPS enabled results in hardware acceleration randomly leaving the second card on 3D clocks and at 99% load.

ULPS disabled results in image corruption/flickering when Crossfire is enabled. This happens on all games where Crossfire is enabled. See:

rMNA3c2.jpg

I've tried different overclocking utilities to no effect. Help?

My setup used to be linked here but links aren't allowed so... it shall remain a mystery!

This issue has cropped up recently. 7970/7950 Crossfire.

ULPS enabled results in hardware acceleration randomly leaving the second card on 2D clocks and at 99% load.

ULPS disabled results in image corruption/flickering when Crossfire is enabled. This happens on all games where Crossfire is enabled. See:

rMNA3c2.jpg

I've tried different overclocking utilities to no effect. Help?

Use the spoiler in my post to fix yours.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Have you tried disabling 2d clocks?

No but I'd rather not. I mean I went for ages without issue and then this problem pops up out of nowhere. I'm primarily concerned about the issue with ULPS disabled as I had ULPS disabled the whole time that the setup was working.

My setup used to be linked here but links aren't allowed so... it shall remain a mystery!

No but I'd rather not. I mean I went for ages without issue and then this problem pops up out of nowhere. I'm primarily concerned about the issue with ULPS disabled as I had ULPS disabled the whole time that the setup was working.

You are on 13.8 beta?

You are on 13.8 beta?

Yes. I just tried 13.4 WHQL however the issue remained.

Its a known issue with the 13.8 drivers..Did you use this to remove all drivers before installing new ones?

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/catalyst-uninstall-utility.aspx

Yes.

With that being the case how did it happen with 13.4? /confused

Yes.

With that being the case how did it happen with 13.4? /confused

I don't know that's why I wanted to make sure you removed all traces of 13.8..

*Fixed by using AMD uninstall utility, then rebooting into safe mode and running Driver Sweeper, then rebooting once more and reinstalling the drivers.