Time capsule: looking to replace/upgrade an 8600gt on the cheap for a friend (Australia)

Mattinator

I have a friend who isn't a huge gamer, but enjoys Minecraft, Civ 5 and ESO on his computer he bought second hand a few years ago. His specs are...

Mobo: Gigabyte P35-DS3P

CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E6550 (2.33ghz)

Ram: 3.5gb mismatched DDR2 333mhz

GPU: Nvidia 8600gt

HDD 1: Western Digital 320gb

HDD 2: Seagate Barracuda 1tb

Optical Drive: DVD RW

PSU: Cooler Master RS-430-PCAR 400W

Recently he's been having issues with his 8600gt, with objects not displaying properly, issues with colours displaying properly, and occasional black bars across. Thus, he wants that fixed. However, he's really short on money due to family members with poor health, so wants to just replace the GPU, rather than buy/build a whole new system. Maybe in a while he'll be in a position to get something decent, but for now, this system needs to live on.Thus, I really don't want to replace anything outside of the GPU.

Heat will be an issue, as ambient temperature can pass 40C (104F) in Summer, and his air-con isn't great.

Looking at grabbing a decent/cheap 9800 GT second hand, but open to suggestions on other cards that would fulfill requirements.

Get a 750ti they are easy to install and are real cheap right now.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Gtx 750ti or Gtx 770

770 and a core 2 duo? O.o

Any new card will cost quite a bit at least,

Get something used but newer.

Something around a gt 640 should be 30-40$, work with the psu and be a decent upgrade.