12mm fittings with 13mm acrilic tubing

Go to solution Solved by Vudian,

I've been searching for hours now and can't find what I'm looking for...

I want to use Bitspower fittings for the great looks and for the large selection of fittings. My problem is that I cannot find 12mm uv green tubing for the fittings. However, I have been able to find many 1/2" (12.7mm) tubing options that come in the colour I want. Which leads to my question, would a 12mm fitting work with the 12.7mm tubing? I know I would be a tight fit (if it actually did work) but I have only been able to find people trying it with the fitting being bigger than the tubing. I would try it myself but I have already spent too much money on this thing and it is time to play the broke student card.

If it will not work does anyone have any ideas on what I could use? I am heart set on the bitspower fittings and the smaller tubing. Also putting a die in the loop is a last resort, I would much rather stick with a distilled water, silver kill coil, and coloured tubing setup.

Thanks for your help.

my advice is get 12mm clear tubing and use uv green fluid like this,  http://www.performance-pcs.com/mayhems-x1-coolant-1-liter-uv-yellow-green-19542.html

I want to use Bitspower fittings for the great looks and for the large selection of fittings. My problem is that I cannot find 12mm uv green tubing for the fittings. However, I have been able to find many 1/2" (12.7mm) tubing options that come in the colour I want. Which leads to my question, would a 12mm fitting work with the 12.7mm tubing? I know I would be a tight fit (if it actually did work) but I have only been able to find people trying it with the fitting being bigger than the tubing. I would try it myself but I have already spent too much money on this thing and it is time to play the broke student card.

If it will not work does anyone have any ideas on what I could use? I am heart set on the bitspower fittings and the smaller tubing. Also putting a die in the loop is a last resort, I would much rather stick with a distilled water, silver kill coil, and coloured tubing setup.

Thanks for your help.

use the correct size, dont use anything else it can lead to all kinds of leaks. using 12mm fittings and 12mm tubing i still managed to damage orings putting the tubings in

This plan is a recipe for disaster. The Acrlic is sure to crack under the pressure of the smaller size fitting and then leak. 

Don't do it......don't you do it!

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Thanks for the speedy reply and that's what I thought. Do you know of any other options i could go with?

Thanks for your help.

my advice is get 12mm clear tubing and use uv green fluid like this,  http://www.performance-pcs.com/mayhems-x1-coolant-1-liter-uv-yellow-green-19542.html

my advice is get 12mm clear tubing and use uv green fluid

Ok I'll probably end up doing that then. Thanks for the help.

Ok I'll probably end up doing that then. Thanks for the help.

if your worried about gunk build up from dyes, just give your tubes a good washing in distilled water before to remove plasticizer off of the tubings and it till be fine. that fluid i linked isnt dye so it should be fine and looks quite cool in uv light

if your worried about gunk build up from dyes, just give your tubes a good washing in distilled water before to remove plasticizer off of the tubings and it till be fine. that fluid i linked isnt dye so it should be fine and looks quite cool in uv light

Acrylic and PETG don't contain plasticizer... Gunking up doesn't really happen these days as the coolants produced are a lot better than they used to be, I've not seen anyone talk about gunking for a long long time.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

Acrylic and PETG don't contain plasticizer... Gunking up doesn't really happen these days as the coolants produced are a lot better than they used to be, I've not seen anyone talk about gunking for a long long time.

better safe the sorry since acrylic and petg tubings are made the the same places as soft tubing, it can have slight bits of plasticizer. gunking still happens. rare yes, but it still happens. even bottles of coolant tell you to rinse with De or Di water before adding the coolant to your loops.

better safe the sorry since acrylic and petg tubings are made the the same places as soft tubing, it can have slight bits of plasticizer. gunking still happens. rare yes, but it still happens. even bottles of coolant tell you to rinse with De or Di water before adding the coolant to your loops.

Urm... I seriously doubt that plasticizer is in PETG or Acrylic tubing as its used in medical equipment and soft tubing, plasticiser breaks down due to temperature of the coolant I believe. You can read up on it here, the reason you are supposed to rinse out PETG or Acrylic is to remove debris, not plasticiser which you'd need to boil to break down.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd