Waterblock and warranty concern (GB 980ti G1 Gaming)

Virgule

I was getting ready to purchase a sealed Gigabyte GTX 980ti G1 Gaming second hand for 750CAD (560USD) and I called Gigabyte just to confirm some things about the warranty. First off, they honor the warranty even without proof of purchase, which is nice. However, they do void the warranty if the stock cooler is removed. I was planning on adding it to my custom loop in the future so I'm really bummed out about this. 

What do you guys think ?

Spoiler

Just put it back on later, no one will notice.  :ph34r:

Some cards have screws with "void if damaged" stickers on them.

Spoiler

If possible, try to get an EVGA 980Ti. They'll cover you even if you install a waterblock (they even said they'll cover my cards when I painted the stock cooler, just that I'd have to pay the price of a replacement one if I needed to return it). 

If possible, try to get an EVGA 980Ti. They'll cover you even if you install a waterblock (they even said they'll cover my cards when I painted the stock cooler, just that I'd have to pay the price of a replacement one if I needed to return it). 

EVGA being a Swag enthusiast King

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

Yea, come manufacturers are much more lenient with their policies and it's wonderful for the consumer. However, I have a deal on this exact card and if I don't take it, someone else will...

I'm so torn.

Spoiler

Yea, come manufacturers are much more lenient with their policies and it's wonderful for the consumer. However, I have a deal on this exact card and if I don't take it, someone else will...

I'm so torn.

Get the card. Use it for a while. Then put the block on if no problems arise.

Blarg

Get the card. Use it for a while. Then put the block on if no problems arise.

Good idea. Might just as well do it baby !!

Spoiler

Good idea. Might just as well do it baby !!

yeah I would think if something was going to happen it would be within the first fedw months, see how the overclocking goes on it, if ti lives through that then you can block it.

But why go with that card if your thinking of a custom loop?, I'm not sure there is a waterblock for that card, I know for EKWB you use the Titan X full cover block on reference cards.

yeah I would think if something was going to happen it would be within the first fedw months, see how the overclocking goes on it, if ti lives through that then you can block it.

But why go with that card if your thinking of a custom loop?, I'm not sure there is a waterblock for that card, I know for EKWB you use the Titan X full cover block on reference cards.

EK is making a full block for the 980ti G1 Gaming, however it is not available at this time so he would have to use the standard cooler until it releases

CPU i7 4770k (4.5ghz OC) | CPU Cooler Swiftech H220-x | GPU 980ti G1 Gaming (1562 mhz) | Mobo EVGA z87 Stinger | RAM 16gb Kingston HyperX Beast 1866mhz | PSU EVGA 850w B-2 | Storage Seagate 2tb hdd 7200rpm(main storage) & Samsung 840 EVO 250gb (boot drive) | Case Corsair 250D

Galax will too :)

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!

VVV

EK is making a full block for the 980ti G1 Gaming, however it is not available at this time so he would have to use the standard cooler until it releases

^^^^

Also, the deal I have is with this card, not another.

Spoiler