Upgrade

Daniel123dk

Is it an upgrade to go from a 780ti to a 970?

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | I5-4690k| Dark Rock Pro 3 | ASUS RX480 |  Kingston HyperX Beast 8GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250Gb|

Playstation Pulse Headset Corsair Air 540 | Deiog DY-200 | AOC G2460Fq 

Dell Keyboard | 6x BeQuiet Silent Wings PWM 120mm 

Built  Not Bought

That's what I meant. Why would he upgrade?

Yeah... Why go from a last gen top tier card to a card not on the same level. I don't know why he wouldn't go for the 980 ti since he forked the money for the 780 ti back then.

Only 2-3 fps at most. Not worth at all.

That's what I meant. Why would he upgrade?

EDIT: Oh, I see it. Next time I need to read :^P

If there was a huge difference, i would have done it.

I have another question, my psu is a cooler master b600. And something in my system is loud, i dont really think that its my gpu that is loud, my fans are stock corsair fans, could it be the fan from my psu?

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | I5-4690k| Dark Rock Pro 3 | ASUS RX480 |  Kingston HyperX Beast 8GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250Gb|

Built  Not Bought

If there was a huge difference, i would have done it.

I have another question, my psu is a cooler master b600. And something in my system is loud, i dont really think that its my gpu that is loud, my fans are stock corsair fans, could it be the fan from my psu?

Its probably your aio. I doubt its the psu.

Its probably your aio. I doubt its the psu.

I switched the fans out for some lower rpm ones, i dont Think its that but who knows.

Built  Not Bought

I switched the fans out for some lower rpm ones, i dont Think its that but who knows.

Turn the fans off on the aio and listen. Then the gpu. If you still hear the noise it could be your intakes, your psu, or even hard drives.

Turn the fans off on the aio and listen. Then the gpu. If you still hear the noise it could be your intakes, your psu, or even hard drives.

Well, you know, its not like, a ticking noise, its a noise of air thats getting pushed, i want THAT noise to be stopped, thats Why I was asking if it could be the psu, because ive hear that it should be fairly bad quality :-)

Built  Not Bought

Well, you know, its not like, a ticking noise, its a noise of air thats getting pushed, i want THAT noise to be stopped, thats Why I was asking if it could be the psu, because ive hear that it should be fairly bad quality :-)

Yeah, its pretty bad. I'd probably just get another one so i wouldn't be afraid for my components not for noise. Are you controlling the speed of your case fans?

Yeah, its pretty bad. I'd probably just get another one so i wouldn't be afraid for my components not for noise. Are you controlling the speed of your case fans?

All fans are controlled through my motherboard by a dc control, the front fans run fairly quiet (as quiet as corsair fans might run) and the rear ones is running on a cpu_opt header and runs together with the pump and change as the heat rises.

Built  Not Bought

All fans are controlled through my motherboard by a dc control, the front fans run fairly quiet (as quiet as corsair fans might run) and the rear ones is running on a cpu_opt header and runs together with the pump and change as the heat rises.

I'd manually control the fans on the aio rather than auto. Unless you need the high rpms for temps.

I'd manually control the fans on the aio rather than auto. Unless you need the high rpms for temps.

The 4690k runs pretty hot, because the H55 is shit cooling. I have considered buying a either bequiet dark rock 3 pr a phanteks ph-tc14pe. But you are pretty sure that its the cooler?

Built  Not Bought

The 4690k runs pretty hot, because the H55 is shit cooling. I have considered buying a either bequiet dark rock 3 pr a phanteks ph-tc14pe. But you are pretty sure that its the cooler?

Try turning the fans off in your case and find out. But either way i'd replace the psu and cooler. Both are bad and loud imo. The h55 is not meant for overclocking haswell at all.

Try turning the fans off in your case and find out. But either way i'd replace the psu and cooler. Both are bad and loud imo. The h55 is not meant for overclocking haswell at all.

What do you think about the choise of the possibly new cooler, dark rock 3 or phanteks ph-tc14pe. And which psu would you recommend?

Built  Not Bought

What do you think about the choise of the possibly new cooler, dark rock 3 or phanteks ph-tc14pe. And which psu would you recommend?

Where would you be buying? And which one is cheaper for you?

As far as PSU. You could go lower to 500w, do you still want to stay in the 600w range?

Where would you be buying? And which one is cheaper for you?

As far as PSU. You could go lower to 500w, do you still want to stay in the 600w range?

Well, im living in Denmark, but I can buy from caseking.de kn germany and ocuk.co.uk in England too. The price doesnt really matter, but I have a color scheme to follow which is orange/black, thats what makes my choices limited. Also, i dont know That much about psu's :-)

Built  Not Bought

Well, im living in Denmark, but I can buy from caseking.de kn germany and ocuk.co.uk in England too. The price doesnt really matter, but I have a color scheme to follow which is orange/black, thats what makes my choices limited. Also, i dont know That much about psu's :-)

The Dark Rock Pro 3 will be quieter but perform a little worse and the phanteks cooler will be a little louder but perform better. Choose based on those variables.

Do you like modular PSUs? Whats your budget for psu? Does it have to match too?

The Dark Rock Pro 3 will be quieter but perform a little worse and the phanteks cooler will be a little louder but perform better. Choose based on those variables.

Do you like modular PSUs? Whats your budget for psu? Does it have to match too?

Well, modular is not a must but would be nice, im Thinking a max price of €100 or £75 or 750dkk.

And it wont have to match, my case is a air 540 so I won't be able to see it. Also no psu with led fan.

Built  Not Bought

Well, modular is not a must but would be nice, im Thinking a max price of €100 or £75 or 750dkk.

And it wont have to match, my case is a air 540 so I won't be able to see it. Also no psu with led fan.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£57.35 @ Aria PC)

Total: £57.35

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-21 20:12 BST+0100

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchantPower Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£57.35 @ Aria PC)Total: £57.35Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-21 20:12 BST+0100

Are they good?

Built  Not Bought

Well, as from what i can read, aria.co.uk does not ship to denmark :(

Built  Not Bought