Smartwatch Preferences

Go to solution Solved by JordanNaylor,

I've got the Moto360 and love it, prefer the design of it over the LG watch R however my boss has the R and the battery lasts twice as long (can forget to charge one night and will last to the next) where as I have to charge mine every night. Off the dock at 8AM and will run out about 2/3AM. Advantage is that the dock is easier being totally wireless, and it will easily add 50% battery in about 15 minutes.

Android wear is just brilliant IMO. I thought it would be a bit of a gimmick at first and would get bored after about a week or so, but 6 months on and if I forget to put it on for whatever reason, I feel like i'm missing a part of myself lol.

Hello Guys!

I am planning to get a smartwatch, but with so many options on the market I wanted to get your guys' thoughts on it. I just need something for quick responses to messages and for seeing alerts. I already use a Jabra bluetooth for calls. THIS is what I am planning on getting, thanks for the input!

Your friendly techie,

- NinetyFour

I would prefer either the LG watch R (the one I use myself) for android wear, or the Pebble Steel.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Supposedly the Moto 360 2nd gen is around the corner. Could be worth waiting for that or the price drop that'll happen to the first gen once it's out.

Wait till the 2nd gen comes out.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

I just need something for quick responses to messages and for seeing alerts.

If it is just for this, the original Pebble is more economical. You can use the leftover money somewhere else.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

If it is just for this, the original Pebble is more economical. You can use the leftover money somewhere else.

True  but the b/w clock-like screen is terrible on my eyes. I've seen it, don't like it. I prefer a typical monitor/tv style screen on my digital devices. Picky maybe, but if i'm going to pay $50+ for a watch (low-end pebble price), then I'd rather go for something that's of more value.

I would prefer either the LG watch R (the one I use myself) for android wear, or the Pebble Steel.

I like this LG watch, not the R version (too expensive imo)

LINK

True  but the b/w clock-like screen is terrible on my eyes. I've seen it, don't like it. I prefer a typical monitor/tv style screen on my digital devices. Picky maybe, but if i'm going to pay $50+ for a watch (low-end pebble price), then I'd rather go for something that's of more value.

What do you mean by "clock-like"?

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

I've got the Moto360 and love it, prefer the design of it over the LG watch R however my boss has the R and the battery lasts twice as long (can forget to charge one night and will last to the next) where as I have to charge mine every night. Off the dock at 8AM and will run out about 2/3AM. Advantage is that the dock is easier being totally wireless, and it will easily add 50% battery in about 15 minutes.

Android wear is just brilliant IMO. I thought it would be a bit of a gimmick at first and would get bored after about a week or so, but 6 months on and if I forget to put it on for whatever reason, I feel like i'm missing a part of myself lol.

Corsair 760T white, MSI Z77-G45 Gaming, Intel Core i7-3770k @4.2ghz (Corsair H70 cooled), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600mhz, 2x STRIX GTX970 4GB SLI, 256GB SanDisk X110 SSD boot drive, 2TB SSHD storage drive, Aerocool Templarious 850Watt Hybrid-modular PSU

Big hello from the UK!

Red-6-Digit-Digital-Clock-With-Logo.png

lel, there are so many other watch faces you can choose.

lel, there are so many other watch faces you can choose.

That's what I always see advertised and I have never seen any images that are not like this.

That's what I always see advertised and I have never seen any images that are not like this.

You have not been searching hard enough then.