MSI gtx 970 vs Galax GTX 970

Xyrock
Go to solution Solved by Zayzo,

so its just a preference question on this one? like the white one get galax and like red get msi?

Not really...

The MSI card will be quieter, with similar temps.

Hi. im in a nutshell right now and paycheck is coming in on the next week.

which one is actually "better" on performance? or is there any difference at all? i have been told that galax gtx is better than the normal msi one.

GALAX GTX 970 http://galaxstore.net/GALAX-NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-970-HOF-4GB_p_37.html

MSI GTX 970 http://www.amazon.com/MSI-GTX-970-GAMING-4G/dp/B00NN0GEXQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1440139662&sr=1-2&keywords=gtx+970

i need some professional help to get the best 970 version for my pc

Galax as it is the best when overclocked and overclocks really well

Favourite Game: 
The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion -[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_IV:_Oblivion]
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is an action role-playing video game developed by Bethesda Game Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks and the Take-Two Interactive subsidiary, 2K Games. It is the fourth installment in The Elder Scrolls action fantasy video game series, following The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind and preceding The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Oblivion was first released in March 2006. 

Favourite Music: 
Look at my Mixcloud [https://www.mixcloud.com/Gabelele/]  If you want  

PC specs: 

-Pentium G3258 
-GTX 750ti 
-8gb no name RAM 
-MSI h81m-e34 
-240gb Kingston SSD now SSD 
-1tb Seagate baracuda HDD 
-500watt Aero cool 'X-strike' PSU 
-Bitfenix Neos (Blue Y Black) 

- Modded Microsoft -Intelli mouse [linustechtips.com] (thanks to TheRandomness X/) 
-Logitech K120 keyboard 
-ASUS 21.5" 1080p monitor 

No mates facts: 

Favorite tank: Sturmgeschütz III (I understand the Sturmgeschütz series are not technically tanks but infact SPGs, 'got me') 
Favorite Aircraft: Henschel Hs 129

Roles or characters in games: 
WarThunder = Tank destroyer and sometimes my KV-1B if im bored 
CSGO = Sniper, I seem to be able to AWP 'well' apperently 
RPGs in general = Mage or Tank w/ resoration

Galax as it is the best when overclocked and overclocks really well

I think they're overhyped and their overclocking results from anything but their HOF cards are meh.

which one is actually "better" on performance? or is there any difference at all? i have been told that galax gtx is better than the normal msi one.

GALAX GTX 970 http://galaxstore.net/GALAX-NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-970-HOF-4GB_p_37.html

MSI GTX 970 http://www.amazon.com/MSI-GTX-970-GAMING-4G/dp/B00NN0GEXQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1440139662&sr=1-2&keywords=gtx+970

Get the msi card. Its the quitest card and one of the best overclockers.

I think they're overhyped and their overclocking results from anything but their HOF cards are meh.

Get the msi card. Its the quitest card and one of the best overclockers.

are there actual numbers which one is actually the better one?

need to makesure i buy the right one for minimal ragret :o

are there actual numbers which one is actually the better one?

Unless you get a pre binned card there won't be numbers where one will overclock better all the time. Some cards that aren't pre binned will overclock higher than pre binned card. The MSI cards just tend to be one of the highest overclockers as well as being the quietest with good temps.

Unless you get a pre binned card there won't be numbers where one will overclock better all the time. Some cards that aren't pre binned will overclock higher than pre binned card. The MSI cards just tend to be one of the highest overclockers as well as being the quietest with good temps.

so its just a preference question on this one? like the white one get galax and like red get msi?

Not really...

Not really...

hhmmm.. thank you for the info and opinion dude!

Yes pretty much but the HOF is better looking and most likely a better overclocker. Get the Galax bro. Don't get the MSI and wonder what could have been.

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!

Yes pretty much but the HOF is better looking and most likely a better overclocker. Get the Galax bro. Don't get the MSI and wonder what could have been.

The only selling point of the galax is the color..... i've yet to hear anything amazing about their cooling performance, noise, or overclocking.

The only selling point of the galax is the color..... i've yet to hear anything amazing about their cooling performance, noise, or overclocking.

Well sir if you Googled some reviews...the HOF cards are made of the highest quality components. Of course there will be a few bad overclockers as with any card but there are also some HOF cards that hold records.

I have the GTX 970 HOF in my system and I don not find it that noisy. If you ramp up the fans to 100%, then yes you can hear them clearly. When I'm gaming however I don't notice it and I'm sitting next to it. Temperature wise I don't have enough experience to say a lot about that, only that when playing Far Cry 4 maxed out (except for AA) it reaches 73 °C for me.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

Well sir if you Googled some reviews...the HOF cards are made of the highest quality components. Of course there will be a few bad overclockers as with any card but there are also some HOF cards that hold records.

I looked at several reviews of the cards.

It isn't that impressive, but the colors are AMAZING.

It on average gets to the 1500 range on the core, which MOST cards do. 

It on average was louder and hotter than the MSI card.

Here's one of the articles: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/galax_geforce_gtx_980_hof_review,1.html

I looked at several reviews of the cards.

It isn't that impressive, but the colors are AMAZING.

It on average gets to the 1500 range on the core, which MOST cards do. 

It on average was louder and hotter than the MSI card.

Here's one of the articles: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/galax_geforce_gtx_980_hof_review,1.html

Well at least my computer is sexy :)

Now to just get that Fury Tri-X for the AMD rig...

Now to just get that Fury Tri-X for the AMD rig...

Ikr

I want that card....

Ikr

I want that card....

Haha I'm seriously considering leasing it from Cutting Edge Game, maxing out my credit card before they can charge it again, keeping the card, and never paying them or Captial One back :P

Haha I'm seriously considering leasing it from Cutting Edge Game, maxing out my credit card before they can charge it again, keeping the card, and never paying them or Captial One back :P

lol

Get the MSI (I have the green, 100 ME Edition with a backplate, it costs the same, if you can find it, get the limited version) it overclocks very well and is very silent.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White