1st build need help

c0nm4n2
Go to solution Solved by Senzelian,

That's a really nice little build! Absolutly nothing wrong here.

You won't need an aftermarket cooler for the i5, as long as you get the boxed version of the i5-4460.
The cooler that comes with it is for now good enough. If you want you can get a new cooler, which will look better and get you better temperatures.
But because you aren't able to overclock that CPU much, it isn't needed.

I might personally pick another motherboard, and if you're rolling 2 video cards that processor might give you some neckbottles (Yes, neckbottles)

2 graphics cards?

It's only one card. It's just the name that sounds a bit weird.

Okay so im going to be building a PC (for gaming) and i think the parts i have selected are good i just want another person opinion

Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty H97 Performance LGA 1150 CPU:  Intel Core i5-4460 Video card: MSI R9 380 GAMING 4G Radeon R9 380 4GB 256-Bit RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 Hard drive: Western Digital Blue WD10EZEX 1TB 7200 RPM SSD: Crucial BX100 CT250BX100SSD1 2.5" 250GB SATA 6Gbps Case: Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-03 Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Gaming Case Power Supply: Cooler Master Elite V2 - 550W

Will i need an aftermarket cooler for the i5-4460??? I wont be overclocking

Okay so im going to be building a PC (for gaming) and i think the parts i have selected are good i just want another person opinion

Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty H97 Performance LGA 1150 CPU:  Intel Core i5-4460 Video card: MSI R9 380 GAMING 4G Radeon R9 380 4GB 256-Bit RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 Hard drive: Western Digital Blue WD10EZEX 1TB 7200 RPM SSD: Crucial BX100 CT250BX100SSD1 2.5" 250GB SATA 6Gbps Case: Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-03 Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Gaming Case Power Supply: Cooler Master Elite V2 - 550W

Will i need an aftermarket cooler for the i5-4460??? I wont be overclocking

2 graphics cards? 

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

I might personally pick another motherboard, and if you're rolling 2 video cards that processor might give you some neckbottles (Yes, neckbottles)

X99 WhoKnowsAnymore
CPU: Intel i7 5930K | Motherboard: MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | 

You won't need an aftermarket cooler for the i5, as long as you get the boxed version of the i5-4460.
The cooler that comes with it is for now good enough. If you want you can get a new cooler, which will look better and get you better temperatures.

2 graphics cards?

What do you mean 2 video cards????

2 graphics cards? 

What do you mean???

What do you mean???

oop dont worry i misread it 

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

Sir may I share a message about our Lord and Savior www.pcpartpicker.com

Thank you but i just want advice not parts

What do you mean 2 video cards????

You have 2 video cards listed as if you plan to Crossfire. Is this in error?

X99 WhoKnowsAnymore
CPU: Intel i7 5930K | Motherboard: MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | 

You have 2 video cards listed as if you plan to Crossfire. Is this in error?

I have 2 video cards listed?!? im confused...

hes not saying two graphics one section is just description of the other. The build looks solid. the above poster meant use pcpartpicker.com to set up your build in a more easy to read formet and it also provides the best prices/places to buy each individual part

Get a Western digital black drive, they have features that make it a tiny bit faster and more reliable, the blue is fine but I would spend the extra 10 bucks on a black.

Okay thanks for for help and also thanks for the graphics card help i thought i did something wrong since 2 people said about 2 cards