SSD slower than expected?

Hey all, I installed a new 240gb Sandisk plus SSD into my system to store games with slow loading times (e.g bf4). After I launched bf4, I noticed that loading times weren't significantly faster- from 3 minutes on the hard drive to over 2 minutes on the ssd. I know it's not the game because I remember when I had the game on my boot drive (840 evo) loading times were <30 seconds (I moved it off the evo due to lack of space). I'm not sure if this is an SSD problem. Thanks for your help.

Hey all, I installed a new 240gb Sandisk plus SSD into my system to store games with slow loading times (e.g bf4). After I launched bf4, I noticed that loading times weren't significantly faster- from 3 minutes on the hard drive to over 2 minutes on the ssd. I know it's not the game because I remember when I had the game on my boot drive (840 evo) loading times were <30 seconds (I moved it off the evo due to lack of space). I'm not sure if this is an SSD problem. Thanks for your help.

Did you plug it in using your motherboard's sata 6 gb plug?

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Not all SSD's are made to be fast

"Life's too Short, Use Express Install" Express install subject to spying
                                        -Microsoft 2015

Make sure you plug it in a SATA 3.0 port, and not 2.0. The difference will be about 40% more speed.

Also, BF4 maps won't launch within 2 minutes, even with a SSD.

turn on AHCI in bios, then enable trim function for your SSD.

Make sure you plug it in a SATA 3.0 port, and not 2.0. The difference will be about 40% more speed.

Mine launch in less than a minute usually at 1440p............ <.<

His SSD is known to not be very speedy or reliable.

Did you plug it in using your motherboard's sata 6 gb plug?

Yes It's in a SATA 3 port. Oh well, I may just have to live with it.