FX- 8350 bottleneck

This is just a thought, but could DDR3 be bottlenecking the FX- 8350?

What I think I am trying to ask is, Would DDR4 make a differences in speed of the FX- 8350.

Depends on the application but normally RAM isn't such a big problem nowadays.

A better Memory Controller would help the 8350, noting is wrong with the actual ram, but the FX series do suffer memory Bandwidth wise.

Intel Core I5 3570K @ 4.2Ghz w/ Hyper 212 EVO Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H 8GB Patriot Viper 3 1600Mhz CL9 Gigabyte Windforce 3X 7950 @ 1100/1550 Samsung 830 128GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB Fractal Design ​Define R4 Seasonic M12II 750Watt

does it really matter? i would say no. besides r u really gonna fork out for ddr4 when its out? besides, would AMD mobo manufacturers even make ddr4 boards for amd. no hate intended just saying. im also a AMD owner.

FX 8350s suffer from the 1866/1600mhz cap on their controllers .

A good board though like the Asus Maximus V Formila-Z has it's own integrated memory controller that can support all the way up to 2400mhz.

And the FX processors in general do gain some performance and quite a bit of overclocking headroom with faster RAM . (even Logan from TekSyndicate mentioned that)

Its like asking, "If i run active coolers on my Memory will it run faster?" ahh No. If you have a decent case.

I agree with TechFan,, the MB Hase to have its own Controller to run crazy speeds,, IMO,, Ony in Very High Overclocked Rigs would anything over 1866Mhz Show as a gain.

I run Vengeance 1866mhz and to see a gain from my Dominator 1600Mhz,, i would need a Memory Specific Benchmark to see any Gain.

Thanks everyone for the help. I just wanted to know if I should hold out for DDR4.

Don't bother with DDR4, it's not like we are going to get crazy performance difference.