PC boot without display card fully running?

jasonycw

Hi guys, recently, I start having a strange issue with my PC.

During boot up, there is no bios loading screen on my monitor and the PC boot into Windows normally but just without display being detected.

Mouse and keyboard are working fine and I can login to Window. The only thing not working is my monitor.

I use my notebook to remote control the PC and it shows that the display are set to 800x600(like no monitor being connected) and in GPU-Z, it is default to show my intel graphic but not my GTX 780.

I can switch to my GPU in the bottom of GPU-Z and it shows it as a TITAN...

Here are the screen shot from GPU-Z

dkJolOZ.gifDeBJYfz.gif

And it is also showing GTX Titan in device manager

18DCE6T.png

BUT!

This is not happening constantly, after I turn off my PC and restart again, the GPU is detected properly and both my monitor can work again. It is about 50% of my boot up become not this and 50% of my boot is completely normal...

Here are the GPU-Z screen shot when I can boot up normally

S9uT9SY.gifWpko1sZ.gif

Anyone have an idea about what is wrong with my PC? I had tried google it but do not know what to search for and seems nothing was found similar.

My Geforce driver is 355.60

CPU i5 13400F - - - - - - GPU ASUS TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 10G - - - - - - - - RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V Black DDR4 3600MHz 2*16GB

Motherboard MSI MAG B660M MORTAR WIFI mATX - - - - Storage Crucial P5 Plus 1TB M.2 + Kingston SSDNow UV400 240GB + WD Green 2TB

PSU Seasonic Focus GX 850W 80 Plus Gold - - - - Cooling Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black - - - - Case Fractal Design Define 7 Mini

Displays INNOCN 27M2V + ASUS TUF Gaming VG259QM + Dell U2414H - - - - - - - - - - - Sound ATH-M50x, Lenovo unknown speaker

Keyboard Ducky Shine 4 - - - - - Mouse Logitech G Pro Superlight + G-TF Rough + Logitech G PowerPlay

Here are more info from CPU-Z
rwhkg3w.pngrXlzrvv.pngAMtrwSJ.png7dOkcuI.pngu0qKpPn.pngpLuBWLS.pngM7EFRdF.png

CPU i5 13400F - - - - - - GPU ASUS TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 10G - - - - - - - - RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V Black DDR4 3600MHz 2*16GB

Motherboard MSI MAG B660M MORTAR WIFI mATX - - - - Storage Crucial P5 Plus 1TB M.2 + Kingston SSDNow UV400 240GB + WD Green 2TB

PSU Seasonic Focus GX 850W 80 Plus Gold - - - - Cooling Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black - - - - Case Fractal Design Define 7 Mini

Displays INNOCN 27M2V + ASUS TUF Gaming VG259QM + Dell U2414H - - - - - - - - - - - Sound ATH-M50x, Lenovo unknown speaker

Keyboard Ducky Shine 4 - - - - - Mouse Logitech G Pro Superlight + G-TF Rough + Logitech G PowerPlay

That seems like a driver problem-my older GPU get it all the time (when I have them installed in a rig that is).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Hmm..uninstall the driver and try again?

Link:http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

I tried and not working.

After reinstall the driver, I cannot even boot the display.

Today, I boot up my computer by removing my display port monitor and allow my dvi display turn on and get to the Windows's login screen first.

Then I plugin my display port monitor to enable dual monitor again.

Maybe there is some problem with display port???

I tried and not working.

After reinstall the driver, I cannot even boot the display.

Today, I boot up my computer by removing my display port monitor and allow my dvi display turn on and get to the Windows's login screen first.

Then I plugin my display port monitor to enable dual monitor again.

Maybe there is some problem with display port???

Disable integrated graphics in the BOIS?

Disable integrated graphics in the BOIS?

I don't think I can turn off integrated graphic in BIOS. 

When I can boot up with my monitor, my GTX780 can properly detected and no integrated graphic is detected.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been suffering worse issue lately and really want some help.

The closest thing I can found on internet is from this thread where there is also not follow up answer.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1289791/msi-z77a-g45-disables-graphics-card

It mentioned that it maybe a motherboard issue but I had tried using my old display card (HD7850) and it works

With the HD7850 installed on my motherboard and connect to one older monitor with DVI cable, I can boot up with my GPU detected properly.

While I just change to only using my GTX780 with everything else the same, the GPU is not detected properly.

I suspected that it may be a PSU or GPU issue. Anyone can help?

Edited/Update:

I think it maybe a PSU issue, I tried bootup my computer and let it run with motherboard display output for a while first (about 30 minutes) then I restart my computer and it properly load up my 780 and run normally.

Will this because of the PSU condition being dropped and become unreliable? Anyway for a normal dude to test it without special equipment?