Is this a bad GPU?

Failed npwner
Go to solution Solved by QueenDemetria,

I have this GPU for 4 weeks..., the problems started last week when I was playing TW3 for the first time

Yeah its probably your GPU, I would exchange or RMA if you can.

My girlfriend was playing The sims 4 and the next moment the whole screen frozed in a strange way.. After resetting my computer everything seemed fine but after 2h this happened again.

Is this caused by a bad GPU?

Thanks!

My girlfriend was playing The sims 4 and the next moment the whole screen frozed in a strange way.. After resetting my computer everything seemed fine but after 2h this happened again.

Thanks!

Welcome to the Forums!

What are the system specs and are the temps within a reasonable range?

Thanks!

What are your system specs? and can you replicate this issue with another game?

What are your system specs? and can you replicate this issue with another game?

It happen somethimes when I play the witcher 3...

Specs are: MSI GTX 750ti, Intel core i3 4130, 8GB ram, 512 GB SSD, MSI h81m-e34

Welcome to the Forums!

What are the system specs and are the temps within a reasonable range?

Temps where allways arround 60 degree (GPU and CPU)

Thanks!

When you say that the screen froze in a strange way, did it almost become static? If so, this is what we call artifacting, and it can potentially be a sign of a faulty GPU. 

bcf84c21_vbattach5969.jpeg

Build: CPU: i7-4790k @4.4 GHz 1.2v | GPU: Sapphire R9 380 Nitro | Memory: 16GB Evga SSC | Storage: 250GB 850 Evo, 1 TB Toshiba HDD | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7  | Cooling: Aigo T120 RGB | Case: NZXT S340 | PSU: Antec HCG 520w | OS: Windows 10 | Keyboard: Corsair K70, Cherry MX Reds | Mouse: Logitech G600 | Monitor: LG 27UD58-B | Headset: Audio-Technica M40x w/ Modmic and Bravo Audio V2 Tube Amplifier 

Temps where allways arround 60 degree (GPU and CPU)

Those are reasonably good temps, are you overclocking the GPU at all. Also just a side note check your PSU voltages to make sure they are dipping down to see if it might be a power issue.

When you say that the screen froze in a strange way, did it almost become static? If so, this is what we call artifacting, and it can potentially be a sign of a faulty GPU.

bcf84c21_vbattach5969.jpeg

Is it possible to insert an image when you are using the mobile version of this site? If it's possible I can show you a picture of it.

Those are reasonably good temps, are you overclocking the GPU at all. Also just a side note check your PSU voltages to make sure they are dipping down to see if it might be a power issue.

I have never OC'd it...

My PSU is a CS450m..

how long have you had the GPU and how long has it been doing this?

I have this GPU for 4 weeks..., the problems started last week when I was playing TW3 for the first time

I have never OC'd it...
My PSU is a CS450m..

While the CS series isn't the most well regarded with your system it shouldn't be really a problem on it, I'd probably try to RMA if it gives freezing like the image above not exactly normal.

While the CS series isn't the most well regarded with your system it shouldn't be really a problem on it, I'd probably try to RMA if it gives freezing like the image above not exactly normal.

Well my profile picture is a picture of the screen when it froozed (not quite sure of it's the right word :) )...

But the strange thing is that right now everything is like back to normal with my GPU...

Well my profile picture is a picture of the screen when it froozed (not quite sure of it's the right word :) )...

But the strange thing is that right now everything is like back to normal with my GPU...

Hmm try running a stress test for say 30 mins to an hour and see if it freezes or does something strange like that, if it does for sure RMA it.

Hmm try running a stress test for say 30 mins to an hour and see if it freezes or does something strange like that, if it does for sure RMA it.

Maybe a stupid question but how do you now if it's caused by the GPU and not the CPU?

Maybe a stupid question but how do you now if it's caused by the GPU and not the CPU?

If it's giving you an freeze on the screen or artifact like that usually it's the GPU, since it it a locked processor and no overclocking on it the processor isn't very likely to cause the issue.

Sometimes if you overclock the CPU that can happen where the PC will freeze but not bluescreen.

Yeah its probably your GPU, I would exchange or RMA if you can.

If it's giving you an freeze on the screen or artifact like that usually it's the GPU, since it it a locked processor and no overclocking on it the processor isn't very likely to cause the issue.

Sometimes if you overclock the CPU that can happen where the PC will freeze but not bluescreen.

Well my girlfriend just played for another 3h and i did a stress test for about 1h and it didn't crashed...

Well my girlfriend just played for another 3h and i did a stress test for about 1h and it didn't crashed...

Hmm that's a bit hard to say since the freezing could happen only occasionally but try using it for a bit this week and see if it still has the same problem.

Do you have intergrated graphics? If so, pull out your GPU and see if you still get those weird crashes. If you don't, your GPU is likely broken. Don't worry, your warranty will cover it.

Technology Entertainment Creativity

Technology Electricity Control

Technology Electronics Computers

That looks like it's caused by a faulty GPU in your avatar image. I'd request an RMA and show that photo when you do.