Rip cpu

António Real
Go to solution Solved by Skander1345,

I am pretty sure one core is disabled but i do not know how to put it back on, it is really noticeable the system jamming with only one core, cpu peaking to 100% constantly

reset bios to default and tell me if that does anything.

If that doesn't work reinstall windows.

If both don't work it's confirmed a cpu issue

I have a laptop with an i3-2310m, dual core. For some reasom my pc started using only one core for some reason. I already checked bios and multi-core processing is enabled, i went to msconfig->boot->advanced options and it only shows 1 core. However, if i go to device manager it shows 4 (2 physical cores and 2 logic?). Please i don't know what is happening

Maybe RIP CPU like you said...

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Don't you worry yourself

amAlbB5.png

Probably refers to physical processors rather than cores

EDIT By the way, that is on a perfectly functional i5-3570k

Edited by Mug

You're probably fine...don't worry about it.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

In MSConfig you could check the Number of Processors box and choose your cores.

I have a laptop with an i3-2310m, dual core. For some reasom my pc started using only one core for some reason. I already checked bios and multi-core processing is enabled, i went to msconfig->boot->advanced options and it only shows 1 core. However, if i go to device manager it shows 4 (2 physical cores and 2 logic?). Please i don't know what is happening

In task manager it only shows 1 box wich means 1 core right? The cpu has a lot of peaks to 100% and then comes down again to 20/40. Only by opening a window it peaks to 60%. I was able to play league of legends medium settings at 60 fps and now i play with very low settings with 30 fps..... is it possible that 1 core is gone?

Don't you worry yourself

amAlbB5.png

Don't you worry yourself

amAlbB5.png

In task manager it only shows 1 box wich means 1 core right? The cpu has a lot of peaks to 100% and then comes down again to 20/40. Only by opening a window it peaks to 60%. I was able to play league of legends medium settings at 60 fps and now i play with very low settings with 30 fps..... is it possible that 1 core is gone?

Can you get me a screenshot of computer properties and task Manager?

This might be more detailing. But i can get you the screenshot you asked 

http://imgur.com/rhR5Tw3

To be honest means fuck all to me because I'm not familiar with the software.

To get to Task manager, press Ctrl+Shift+Esc at once and to get to computer properties, right click on "My Computer" and click properties.

This might be more detailing. But i can get you the screenshot you asked 

http://imgur.com/rhR5Tw3

cores don't die. lol.

Go to task manager and click that

FEtLOfA.png

Case: Define R4 (Black - Window) | PSU: EVGA Supernova 850w Gold | Motherboard: ASUS Z97 Deluxe | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO (250GB) | CPU: Intel i7 4790K (Devil's Canyon) Delidded with CLU  GPU: ASUS STRIX 980 TI | Cooler: Corsair H100i with CLU | Extra: NZXT Hue

Ah Thanks

What does Resource Monitor?

Resource monitor shows 1 core aswell

cores don't die. lol.

Go to task manager and click that

FEtLOfA.png

Different windows, don't know how to do that in w7

isn't it the same way? try right clicking on the long green top bar and selecting to show logical processors

Case: Define R4 (Black - Window) | PSU: EVGA Supernova 850w Gold | Motherboard: ASUS Z97 Deluxe | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO (250GB) | CPU: Intel i7 4790K (Devil's Canyon) Delidded with CLU  GPU: ASUS STRIX 980 TI | Cooler: Corsair H100i with CLU | Extra: NZXT Hue

Hold Control+Shift+esc.

Then hit performance tab. Go to view and select CPU history and select each one graph per core instead of all cores on graph

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

http://imgur.com/HbVhSMQ -> Still only shows one

Hold Control+Shift+esc.

Then hit performance tab. Go to view and select CPU history and select each one graph per core instead of all cores on graph

isn't it the same way? try right clicking on the long green top bar and selecting to show logical processors

http://imgur.com/HbVhSMQ -> Still only shows one

seems that your CPU is infact dying. Try getting a another one as soon as you can mate.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

I am pretty sure one core is disabled but i do not know how to put it back on, it is really noticeable the system jamming with only one core, cpu peaking to 100% constantly

I finaly solved the problem trough a process i saw in youtube comments. First i uninstaled all the cores of my cpu in device manager (only restarted the computer after disabling the 4th one). Then after rebooting the computer automaticaly instaled them again, i went to msconfig and unticked the "number of processors" and restarted again and fater rebooting it was working again. Thx for the help tho