Constant HDD load at 100%

Wiplive

Hello, so I've had this problem on my laptop for a while now, I can't really remember if I had it all the time (I'm pretty sure it has been) but my HDD is running at 100% pretty much all the time. Sometimes the computer just freezes and I think it's bottlenecking my download speed (270 mbits via Ethernet).

Task Manager usage is about 1 mb/s and it's showing 100%. No updates running, nothing. Fresh Windows 10 install. 

I own Acer Aspire V5-573G. The HDD is 500 GB Toshiba MQ01ABF050. I've had the computer for about 1,5 years. It's not my main computer, so I never really took the issue seriously. It's becoming more apparent with Windows 10 because the search is incredibly slow.

Also, the write speeds NEVER exceed 5 mb/s (even copying files from the same HDD).

I have tried everything, the error check program from WD, everything. As far as I remember I had the problem since I got the computer. Should I try to send it in for warranty check? I still have time until January until the warranty expires. I live in Latvia, so it would be expensive to ship to Acer Germany or something, is it worth it? I doubt that they'd change the hard drive, because it works and simply is slow, they'll just say it's supposed to be like that.

I believe laptop HDD don't like 8.1 or windows 10.

Get an SSD, I had the problem too and now I don't think i will see my laptop anytime soon to replace the HDD.

I believe laptop HDD don't like 8.1 or windows 10.

Get an SSD, I had the problem too and now I don't think i will see my laptop anytime soon to replace the HDD.

Lol, doesn't have anything to do with that.

@OP, I had the same issue. Turned out that my HDD was just faulty, so I've turned it in and got a new one.

Lol, doesn't have anything to do with that.

@OP, I had the same issue. Turned out that my HDD was just faulty, so I've turned it in and got a new one.

So by turning it in, do I take out the HDD and mail it to the shop I bought it from? Or the whole laptop?

So by turning it in, do I take out the HDD and mail it to the shop I bought it from? Or the whole laptop?

Try taking out the HDD first, if you're required to take your whole laptop and don't really want to, just mail it to the manufacturer

Try taking out the HDD first, if you're required to take your whole laptop and don't really want to, just mail it to the manufacturer

Ok, I'll write an E-Mail to the service center first.