Rampage V Extreme Q-Code 53

While I don't still have the RAM lying around, I tried that when I did and it did not yield a different Q-Code. I'm not sure how to get into the BIOS aside from trying the flashback like I already have tried although I have not tried RAM since as I had sent it back before I figured out how to flashback.And pressing MemOK! without RAM installed continues to give Q-Code 53.

Is it an issue that it does not give me the correct Q-Code or do you think it might work once I receive my RAM that was listed as compatible in the manual for the motherboard? 

have you tried dual or single channel configs? Maybe there is a particular DIMM slot not working properly

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

have you tried dual or single channel configs? Maybe there is a particular DIMM slot not working properly

I've tried all of the DIMM slots for an individual stick.

If that fails there is literally only a few things you can do to check and make sure it isn't a fault with the board. As there could be something shorting.

Remove the Motherboard from the case. Disconnect everything, including your cooler and cpu, then remove the cmos battery for 10minutes.

Reasemble your board outside the case(just use your motherboard box). Put your cpu back in and for now, use the stock intel cooler. In the process really check for any damaged pins.

Once you've done that, connect the 24pin atx, 8pin cpu and in your case you'll have to install the graphics card. Use 1 stick of ram in the 1A slot, then boot up.

If you're still getting error 53, then I'm pretty stumped.

From what I've read, people have also had problems with there coolers being fitted too tightly causing too much pressure on the cpu causing it to short.

People have also had problems with shorts on there motherboard. So setting it up outside the case and using the stock intel cooler will rule them out.

So essentially, if you've tried 2 sets of RAM, clearing the cmos, updating the bios, reseating the cpu, then I suggest doing what's above.

I'll disconnect everything and then post a picture of the pins.

Unfortunately this did not work as both the DRAM light and Q-Code 53 are still displaying. I will however proceed to try the other slots.

I have a z87 board, so i'm not sure how dimm slots are labeled in yours, but instead of using the recomended config, do it the other way around, if all the sticks are supposed to go in channel 1 (a1, b1, c1, d1) try with channel 2. If that doesn't work you can put a single stick in one slot at a time till you get a post, that should work, and then you can diagnose if it's a single dimm slot or something major.

EDIT 

Totally irrelevant

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

I'll disconnect everything and then post a picture of the pins.

Ok and try as I suggested aswell. Removing the motherboard from the case and using your motherboard box as a test bench. An also using the intel stock cooler for now. It then rules out any shorts and your cooler causing excess pressure.

Knight Rider - Build Log - NZXTS340 / i7-4790k / R9 390 / Modded Noctuas / AIO Watercooler - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/421049-updated-knight-rider-nzxt-s340-amd-buiildnow-intel-with-modded-noctuas/

Well I seemed to have messed up terribly, while removing things I had the water cooler unscrewed from the processor. I then tried booting to see if it was pressure from the water cooling like you said. But the metal from the water cooler hit a heat sync on the graphics card and then the whole system shut down. I can now only get the power button to light but when I press it nothing happens. Unsure what shorted or broke, but my system now seems to be completely dead.

Well I seemed to have messed up terribly, while removing things I had the water cooler unscrewed from the processor. I then tried booting to see if it was pressure from the water cooling like you said. But the metal from the water cooler hit a heat sync on the graphics card and then the whole system shut down. I can now only get the power button to light but when I press it nothing happens. Unsure what shorted or broke, but my system now seems to be completely dead.

Have you tried rebooting with the water cooler attached? It could be because you had no cooler on at all. If the cpu gets too hot, it will shut off your board. An if you had your water cooler detached, it could be why. 

As I said, you should have taken the board out of the case and started from scratch to see what exactly was causing the fault. 

Take your board out of the case, Take everything off, reseat the cpu and the stock intel heatsink and try booting up. If it still wont boot, then unfortunately, you might of accidentally fried your board which is a bummer. Should always be-careful with electronics and bare metal.

Knight Rider - Build Log - NZXTS340 / i7-4790k / R9 390 / Modded Noctuas / AIO Watercooler - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/421049-updated-knight-rider-nzxt-s340-amd-buiildnow-intel-with-modded-noctuas/

• 2 years later...