3-WAY SLI 980s and an ROG Swift Black Screening on boot

So here is the problem:

A friend of mine rocks an mATX PC with 3-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming 980s (i know it's dumb), an ROG Swift monitor, 5960x on a Rampage V Extreme with 16GB of Corsair Dominator Platinums, and 1 Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD. System was rocking flawlessly on windows 7 pro 64 bit until 1 week ago when my friend moved to his vacation home for a week. His PC worked fine, he moved it, started it and.....nothing. The system will boot to windows and will give a black screen after the welcome landing screen. It stays there indefinitely. The system did however boot in safe mode and he deleted the driver with DDU. This allowed him to boot normally and reinstall the driver. The problem came back immediately. We tried System Restore, the windows update driver, and reinstalling windows as a final measure. The problem is still here, except that on the new install he can't even get safe mode to work. The 980s are recognized in the BIOS and in safe mode (when it worked), but when u get the nvidia driver into play...... it craps itself. Since the 980s work, i'm starting to blame it on the nvidia g-sync scaler in the monitor.

If u have idea, give them here, quickly. My friend is so frustrated he wants to sell this beast and get a PS4 + Macbook -.-

Stupid question, but have you checked that nothing got lose or worse durring moving?

System was rocking flawlessly on windows 7 pro 64 bit until 1 week ago when my friend moved to his vacation home for a week. His PC worked fine, he moved it, started it and.....nothing.

So here is the problem:

A friend of mine rocks an mATX PC with 3-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming 980s (i know it's dumb), an ROG Swift monitor, 5960x on a Rampage V Extreme with 16GB of Corsair Dominator Platinums, and 1 Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD. System was rocking flawlessly on windows 7 pro 64 bit until 1 week ago when my friend moved to his vacation home for a week. His PC worked fine, he moved it, started it and.....nothing. The system will boot to windows and will give a black screen after the welcome landing screen. It stays there indefinitely. The system did however boot in safe mode and he deleted the driver with DDU. This allowed him to boot normally and reinstall the driver. The problem came back immediately. We tried System Restore, the windows update driver, and reinstalling windows as a final measure. The problem is still here, except that on the new install he can't even get safe mode to work. The 980s are recognized in the BIOS and in safe mode (when it worked), but when u get the nvidia driver into play...... it craps itself. Since the 980s work, i'm starting to blame it on the nvidia g-sync scaler in the monitor.

If u have idea, give them here, quickly. My friend is so frustrated he wants to sell this beast and get a PS4 + Macbook -.-

rollback the drivers.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Stupid question, but have you checked that nothing got lose or worse durring moving?

Everything is fine.

rollback the drivers.

We tried with 352,30 and the one before it = same sh*t.

I would dobble check, as even 1mm off can create some problems.

Everything is in place and detected correctly in BIOS and it POSTs every time.

The issue has to do with the drivers, windows, and presumably the monitor in my opinion.

We tried with 352,30 and the one before it = same sh*t.

connect it to a different monitor.

try with one gpu. try with one ram stick.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

connect it to a different monitor.

try with one gpu. try with one ram stick.

He doesn't have another monitor laying around, unfortunately.

I highly doubt the RAM has to do with it. (as i said, the system POSTs fine)

The GPU thing is a good idea but difficult to do since they are packed in an mATX build, but he can try.

I'm also thinking to try Ubuntu GNOME 15.04, in case windows is somehow at fault, although it was working perfectly fine.