Upgrade CPU Cooler or GPU?

Hello, first post here! :D

So I just finished making my build. I upgraded from a Intel Duo E8500 3.16GHz to a Intel i7 4770K, 16GB Crucial 1600MHz, Intel 520SSD 60GB (for OS), Seagate Barracuda 1TB and a MSI Z87-G43.

The first time I played BF3, the difference in performance was insane. (20FPS avg to about 70FPS avg.)

But, when I think about the newer games, I'm not sure if my video card will keep up. It is a Gainward GTX560Ti Phantom 1GB that I bought about 2 years ago. If I'm gonna get a GPU, it would probably be the 760/770/680.

Now, I'm also using the stock cooler on my 4770K, so we can all expect that I'm unable to overclock without overheating. I can run Turbo Boost, though.

I don't have that much money to spare, as I have just upgraded, and I've bought some other things.

My full build:

MB: MSI Z87-G43

CPU: Intel i7 4770K w/ stock cooler

RAM: Crucial Sport 1600MHz

PSU: Corsair TX-750

GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX560Ti Phantom 1024MB

Case: In Win Dragon Rider Black

HDD 1: WD Caviar Blue 500GB

HDD 2: Seagate Barracude 1TB

SSD: Intel 520 60GB

Thanks in advance :D

If you can afford an extra £20, buy the GPU and a CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo.

I measured (roughly) my distance from the CPU to the main case cooler, and I'm not sure if it will fit. If you look at pictures of the InWin Dragon Rider, you will see that there is a huge 220mm fan in the front door. My old Noctua cooler for my Intel Duo wouldn't fit either, so we had to cut off some parts of the actual heatsink.

gpu first

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Get the GPU. That's top priority.

Then again, if you can stretch your budget, there are some good air coolers for less than $30 (Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Xigmatek LOKI, Xigmatek GAIA) (the 212 Evo is my recommendation though).

Yeah your CPU now is pretty nice and wont be bottlenecked by any of those cards out of those cards I would go with the 760 it performes over the 660 ti and that fits your cpu great plus the value of a 760 price-performance wise is awesome here is a link to one if you need it http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121775 Good luck with your build :)

Allright, so I got the GPU solved, a friend of mine is selling me one of his 680's :D

Now, I need a CPU Cooler that fits with my chassis. It's max height must be 15cm, I do not want to remove the side fan.

Allright, so I got the GPU solved, a friend of mine is selling me one of his 680's :D

Now, I need a CPU Cooler that fits with my chassis. It's max height must be 15cm, I do not want to remove the side fan.

If you're friend is selling his GTX 680 for more than $400, don't buy it, GTX 770 is the better than the GTX 680 and is cheaper ($400).

The Hyper 212 EVO has 159mm of height, another option is CM Seidon 120M, is $35 for a water cooler kit

If you're friend is selling his GTX 680 for more than $400, don't buy it, GTX 770 is the better than the GTX 680 and is cheaper ($400).

Converted from NOK to USD, he's selling it for 330$, which is the same price as the cheapest 760 here in Norway.

I don't want go with water cooling, since I'm a pussy :P

Would a Noctua NH-U9B SE2 be good? It fits my case. Does anyone have any input / bad experiences with it (Altough it's Noctua :P )

Converted from NOK to USD, he's selling it for 330$, which is the same price as the cheapest 760 here in Norway.

I don't want go with water cooling, since I'm a pussy :P

So buy it, and water coolers all-in-one are easier to install than a air cooling unit.