Setting printer up on a dual band router?

pureGold

Is this possible? I am on the 5 GHz band on my laptop and I can't print from it. I can only print if I switch over to the 2.4 GHz band. 

If your router has the option, check under Advanced Wireless options to make sure 'AP Isolated' is off for both 2.4 and 5GHz.

They are both checked off

do they make printers with 5ghz lol? 

Sounds like your wireless router is splitting the IP ranges for the two wireless frequencies. Can you ping the printer from 5GHz?

i.e. cmd>> " ping <insert printer IP> "

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

Sounds like your wireless router is splitting the IP ranges for the two wireless frequencies. Can you ping the printer from 5GHz?

i.e. cmd>> " ping <insert printer IP> "

Yes I can.

Yes I can.

Then you should be able to connect to the printer directly. Did you try to use some manufacturer utility or just go through windows "Add a network printer"?

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

Then you should be able to connect to the printer directly. Did you try to use some manufacturer utility or just go through windows "Add a network printer"?

I downloaded the driver from HP, and it couldn't find the printer through their utility. Then I tried adding the printer from Windows, and it also could not find the printer.

I downloaded the driver from HP, and it couldn't find the printer through their utility. Then I tried adding the printer from Windows, and it also could not find the printer.

When you say "couldn't find it", going directly through windows, do you mean it didn't show up in the "searching for available printers" screen? You should still be able to select "printer I want isn't listed" and put in the IP manually.

When you say "couldn't find it", going directly through windows, do you mean it didn't show up in the "searching for available printers" screen? You should still be able to select "printer I want isn't listed" and put in the IP manually.

Hm... I reinstalled the driver for a second time on the 2.4 band, then I switched over, and it appears to work. So LOL

Hm... I reinstalled the driver for a second time on the 2.4 band, then I switched over, and it appears to work. So LOL

Glad you figured it out then, haha!  :lol: Like I was alluding to above, if you're able to ping the printer, there shouldn't be anything stopping you from manually adding the drive via its IP address.