Witcher 3 not starting up?

PapaGangster
Go to solution Solved by PapaGangster,

Got it working guys! Incase anyone has the same problem/error just go here and download the right one for your system http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Hey guys, so after the recent update I tried to lunch witcher 3 but it would only say preparing to lunch game and nothing would happen... (I only recently upgraded my motherboard and CPU from amd to intel also it was a clean install) I have also restarted my pc and have verifty integrity of game cache. Any suggestions would be nice? Thanks!

Hey guys, so after the recent update I tried to lunch witcher 3 but it would only say preparing to lunch game and nothing would happen... (I only recently upgraded my motherboard and CPU from amd to intel also it was a clean install) I have also restarted my pc and have verifty integrity of game cache. Any suggestions would be nice? Thanks!

Try running it as Administrator, had that happen a while back with patch 1.06 and changing the privileges fixed it.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

Try running it as Administrator, had that happen a while back with patch 1.06 and changing the privileges fixed it.

Run the game as admin or steam?

Run the game as admin or steam?

The game itself.

*Edit. I have my copy through GOG, so it may be a little different.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

The game itself.

*Edit. I have my copy through GOG, so it may be a little different.

Just found the Witcher3.exe and it says "The program can't start because MSVCO120.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem " That's quiet annoying if I have to reinstall the FKing game!