oc genie

There should be graphs and stuff on the side

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

how do i tell if oc genie is working my cpu is 4690k and cooler is cryorig h7

Check the CPU clock speed with CPU-Z but OC-Genie like Asus's AI suite's auto overclock isn't very good they tend to apply more than needed voltage for an overclock.

how do i tell if oc genie is working my cpu is 4690k and cooler is cryorig h7

dont overclock using motherboard features such as oc genie and asus cpu level up ... theheck its like the worst thing to do when overclocking, leave it at stock or do it manually

(◑‿◐)

dont overclock using motherboard features such as oc genie and asus cpu level up ... theheck its like the worst thing to do when overclocking, leave it at stock or do it manually

Well some of the newer software's are good.

Such as Asus's AI Suite 5

not any of overclocking software is good neither is asus ai suite 5 ( am on a maximus myself )

its totally bollocks to overclock using software/motherboard features(auto-oc ect) and the worst thing to do really

(◑‿◐)

I would say mediocre at best I gave it a go overclocking my 4790K manually to 4.8Ghz and got a voltage of around 1.275V but the AI suite auto overclock tool was bumping it all the way up to ~1.325V.

not any of overclocking software is good neither is asus ai suite 5 ( am on a maximus myself )

its totally bollocks to overclock using software/motherboard features(auto-oc ect) and the worst thing to do really

No really I actually like Ai Suite on my Deluxe.I mean for fan optimization and stuff but overclocking is really not that bad.I got 4.5GHz on auto and I manually got it to a stable 4.63 and for benchmark marking I can go all the way up to 4.97

No really I actually like Ai Suite on my Deluxe.I mean for fan optimization and stuff but overclocking is really not that bad.I got 4.5GHz on auto and I manually got it to a stable 4.63 and for benchmark marking I can go all the way up to 4.97

grats u got ur system stable with auto settings wich will cause huge voltage spikes and huge voltages on 4.5ghz

thats the reason why u dont overclock using motherboard features... way to darn high voltages... manual clocking can go way lower in voltages

(◑‿◐)

grats u got ur system stable with auto settings wich will cause huge voltage spikes and huge voltages on 4.5ghz

thats the reason why u dont overclock using motherboard features... way to darn high voltages... manual clocking can go way lower in voltages

Har that's true. Stupid AI suite dragged me all the way to 1.5 volts.I freaked when I saw CPU-Z.

So I changed it and at 1.2v i got 4.5.

I called Asus and they said it's the motherboard "optimizing all it's other features and maximizing CPU usage"

Like hell it was I threw in 1.5 without dum AI "optimization" crap and got a 4.9.Thing is I only have a AX1200i that 80+ Platinum to run 1.5v

Har that's true. Stupid AI suite dragged me all the way to 1.5 volts.I freaked when I saw CPU-Z.

So I changed it and at 1.2v i got 4.5.

I called Asus and they said it's the motherboard "optimizing all it's other features and maximizing CPU usage"

Like hell it was I threw in 1.5 without dum AI "optimization" crap and got a 4.9.Thing is I only have a AX1200i that 80+ Platinum to run 1.5v

1.5 can kill on air/closed water... ur lucky u didnt run prime small fft on it.. could have killed ur chip ( u were pretty close to it actually )

and thats the best example u can give of... WHY NOT TO USE MOTHERBOARD OVERCLOCKING FEATURES

(◑‿◐)

1.5 can kill on air/closed water... ur lucky u didnt run prime small fft on it.. could have killed ur chip ( u were pretty close to it actually )

and thats the best example u can give of... WHY NOT TO USE MOTHERBOARD OVERCLOCKING FEATURES

Wut?

I have a 560mm Radiator to cool that thing...???

Well it was for like 5mins anyways

It was unstable 

Wut?

I have a 560mm Radiator to cool that thing...???

Well it was for like 5mins anyways

It was unstable 

that 560mm rad could have saved ur chip in that case if it were a closed loop or air u couldve had a dead chip actually as soon u gonna prime95 small fft or any kind of heavy load

(◑‿◐)

Depends on what you're after. I've got a 4690k on air, using an Msi board. I use the OC Genie just to boost it a little as I don't need the extra power yet.

Hwinfo shows min & max values, and I doubt I've ever seen it record anything above 1.3v @ 4.09GHz across all 4 cores. 58℃ max while gaming.

So for a cheap thrill for someone who doesn't want to get into all the settings, the auto overclock isn't an issue.