Panasonic G7 screen question

Chiobe
Go to solution Solved by ShadowCaptain,

I mean that the live view on the LCD dont reflect the photo taken.

The screen can show a shutter range of 60 and an ISO of 12800, while my photo settings are 350 on shutter and 400 on ISO.

Meaning I ether end up with a too dark photo or a too bright photo, as I have no way to know which it is before taking a photo.

It is almost like shooting without a live preview and just guessing the resoult.

Yeah there is a setting for that in the menu for it, I dont have one to hand, but I have the option on my Sony A7 camera, if I turn the setting off, changing the settings are not reflected on the display

I have been trying my G7 for a few days now and I have found that the screen dont match the photos taken.

It is almost like the screen is stuck in AI mode, even when I'm doing all settings manual as the iso and shutter rate of the screen dont match the photo taken.

Its not a problem to adjust for it, but I'm basicly guessing on everything but the framing on the first few images.

So that leaves the photo mode useless on anything but static/setup motives.

When I film, so does the screen seem to match the resoult, so it seems to have something to do with the settings for taking photos.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix the problem?

Are you talking about how the image looks on the back LCD when you are shooting in live view mode?

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

SNIP

Do you mean that for example if you change the ISO the changes are not reflected on the display?

You can choose whether or not the camera shows the settings live as they are adjust, or if it just shows a normal image - its somewhere in the menus - and only works in certain modes (like M for example)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Are you talking about how the image looks on the back LCD when you are shooting in live view mode?

Do you mean that for example if you change the ISO the changes are not reflected on the display?

You can choose whether or not the camera shows the settings live as they are adjust, or if it just shows a normal image - its somewhere in the menus - and only works in certain modes (like M for example)

The screen can show a shutter range of 60 and an ISO of 12800, while my photo settings are 350 on shutter and 400 on ISO.

Meaning I ether end up with a too dark photo or a too bright photo, as I have no way to know which it is before taking a photo.

It is almost like shooting without a live preview and just guessing the resoult.

Yeah there is a setting for that in the menu for it, I dont have one to hand, but I have the option on my Sony A7 camera, if I turn the setting off, changing the settings are not reflected on the display

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Just for fun, so did I try all the setting I could find and I found it. "Constant Preview" was it.

Why that is not turned on by default is beyond me.

Just for fun, so did I try all the setting I could find and I found it. "Constant Preview" was it.

Why that is not turned on by default is beyond me.

Strange it normally should be on by default, glad you found it