Windows 10 Store crashing

Jay Scriven

I have recently done a completely fresh install of windows 10 from an iso. everything has worked flawlessly for me so far except for the store application. I can open the store app perfectly fine and see all the apps on the store homepage. As soon as I click on one of the apps or search for an app and click on it to open the download page, the store app crashes. anyone else have the same issue or know a fix?

I have recently done a completely fresh install of windows 10 from an iso. everything has worked flawlessly for me so far except for the store application. I can open the store app perfectly fine and see all the apps on the store homepage. As soon as I click on one of the apps or search for an app and click on it to open the download page, the store app crashes. anyone else have the same issue or know a fix?

tried rebooting?

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

Try this:

Open an Elevated Powershell prompt by pressing the Windows Key, typing Powershell, then pressing Ctrl+Shift+Enter

Paste the following command into Powershell and execute it:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Then restart and check again.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Try this:

Open an Elevated Powershell prompt by pressing the Windows Key, typing Powershell, then pressing Ctrl+Shift+Enter

Paste the following command into Powershell and execute it:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
Then restart and check again.
Tried this one before too. Still nothing :/

Make sure that the build you are using is 10240 (anything before then will not open store), to do this hit the win key (or the blank key(s) between alt and ctrl and hit r) then type in winver and hit enter, your screen should show show this:

hZN9AgI.png

The part "blacked out" would be your MSA email which In this case I don't want to disclose in order to avoid junk mail

and if you have 10240 and its still crashing all I PERSONALLY can think of is to reinstall windows... Others will likely know a different way to fix that

Make sure that the build you are using is 10240 (anything before then will not open store), to do this hit the win key (or the blank key(s) between alt and ctrl and hit r) then type in winver and hit enter, your screen should show show this:

hZN9AgI.png

The part "blacked out" would be your MSA email which In this case I don't want to disclose in order to avoid junk mail

and if you have 10240 and its still crashing all I PERSONALLY can think of is to reinstall windows... Others will likely know a different way to fix that

Unfortunately I'm on that build. I'm not sure what's going on lol.