Razer Firefly - My Review

CostcoSamples

Man, I remember when people were bitching about LEDs in mice being unnecessary bling. Those were the good times. The only time where LEDs were anything but bling is keyboards and even that is questionable as you shouldn't be using it in an environment where you can't see the keys.

The thing is, Razer didn't exactly develop the DeathAdder either. They collaborated with Microsoft to release the Microsoft Habu, which was meant as a gaming-oriented successor to the IME 3.0. At the time, Razer's own mice were shaped very differently, as their top of the line mouse was the Copperhead, with Diamondback being supposedly the most popular one. And some time after the Habu collaboration they came up with DeathAdder, which was pretty much the exact same shape, just with an optical sensor and no LED strip. Look at the thing, if you didn't know better you'd say it's a ripoff of the DeathAdder: http://amzn.com/B000H16G3W

And Razer has gone through a lot of questionable business choices (Razer switches, Chroma, constant re-releases, "Collector's Editions"). And unlike 10 years ago, now they have vast amounts of competition.

ehh they may or may not have stole the DA but it's still popular after 3(?) iterations. I had a diamondback and loved it to (was tempted to buy the new release but didnt see the point while owning the DA).

Not taking into account price, Razer dice mice well. It's their other things bringing it down with the hate

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

ehh they may or may not have stole the DA but it's still popular after 3(?) iterations. I had a diamondback and loved it to (was tempted to buy the new release but didnt see the point while owning the DA).

Not taking into account price, Razer dice mice well. It's their other things bringing it down with the hate

They have had a ton of bad mice. Abyssus, Salmosa, Lachesis and Copperhead all had issues.

As for the DeathAdder, they released DeathAdder, DeathAdder 3.5G, DeathAdder 2013, DeathAdder Black and DeathAdder Chroma. And Diamondback, Diamondback 3G and Diamondback Chroma. Also Naga, Naga 2012, Naga Epic, Naga 2014, Naga Hex, Naga Epic Chroma and Naga Chroma. Heck, there's been 3 versions of the freaking Abyssus.

That's a fuckton of re-releases with very little differences.

http://www.razersupport.com/gaming-mice Look at their non-Legacy lineup. That's 21 mice, out of which only 3 are not re-releases of some kind.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.