need help first build

hi guys how are doing.

so i decided to build a custom pc, i have some experience of pc.

but while thinking of building a pc i had a few qeustion and i hope u guys could help me out.

and the pc is mainly used for perforemence and gaming.

and it is a budget build.

1] shall i use the amd fx-8350 or the intel i5 3770k.

2] which is enough 8 gb or 16gb ram

3] which gpu is good for normal gaming settings and it need to be capeble of useing dual monitoring

4] what is better liquid cooling or a after market fan.

5] and what is a decent mother board

thanks

1) 3770k.

2) 8gigs is enough but if you get 16gigs you wont have to worry about buying more ram in the future

3) gtx 760, maybe even gtx 650 or 550

4)liquid cooling is a lot of fun to do but very expensive, so fan.

5) look at some asus mobos.

Hope this helps :)

PC Specs:  2x GTX 550 ti in SLI - Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4Ghz - Thermaltake Overseer Case - 8 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram - 1TB Harddrive - 500 Watt PSU that came with my old prebuilt pc lawl -  ASUS P8P67 EVO

Peripherals:  Razer Deathadder Black Edition - Razer Arctosa Keyboard - Logitech G53 Headset

Cool song of the day: Chief Keef - Round da Rosey    Changed my profile pic again...                                        Mountain Dew is good. So are video games and music. Oh and unicorns.

1. For budget 8350 (3770K is an i7)

2. 8Gb 1600 Mhz

3. For a budget 7870

4. I like air coolers better

5. I don't have that much experience with a motherboard.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

i7 3770K*?

1.)8350

2.)8GB 1600MHz

3.)760 and 7870

4.)Depends

5.)Many ASUS boards and Gigabyte boards are decent.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Budget?

1 Both would perform well not sure which one to reccomend but the 3770k will perform better

2 8gb

3 need budget to answer

4 Both air and liquid cooling are great but water will usually cool better depending on case get a h100i or similar cooler

5 depends on cpu you choose

My rig  case- Graphite 600t white CPU-i5 3570k OC 4.0Ghz RAM- 8gb Vengeance memory HDD-WD Black 1tb PSU-tx650 GPU- MSI 770 gameing edition 2gb , gtx 650 1gb Motherboard- asrock extreme 3 z77 Fan controller- NZXT sentry lx CPU cooler- H60 Peripherals- g300 mouse G630 headset k70 silver cherry mx red switches  my free nas nas Case- Dell something.. Ram- 8 gb ecc ddr 2 CPU - Pentium D 3.0ghz HDD currently 160 gb adding 3tb wd red “Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something” –Jake the Dog

If you're looking for a good AIO liquid cooler, the H80i apparently beats out the H100i and the Kraken x60, even though it's a single rad design and the H100i and Kraken x60 are dual rad designs.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

i got all my answers but i still not sure about my gpu ?

Are you gaming at 1080p? And what games are you looking to play?

1] 3570K don't need a 3770k unless you are rendering which makes use of the hyper threading

2] 8gb 1600mhz CL9 ram is enough for gaming

3] Sapphire Dual-X 7950/MSI Twin Frozr 3 7950/ HIS IceQX2 7950

4] They are both pretty good. If you want a high end air cooler, get a Noctua NH-D14. Liquid: H220/H100. If you are wanting to do some small overclocks get a Hyper 212 Evo.

5] Asus P8Z77-V LK

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

i want to play bf3 and cod on on normal settings.

and i want to play it on a dual or triple monitor.

and yes i want to play on 720p or 1080p

When you say triple monitor, are you saying you're gonna be playing in Surround/Eyefinity? If so, you'll probably need something like a 7950 or so. Perhaps a 770 - bear in mind you won't be getting 60FPS.

They're not powerful enough. This is assuming you're gaming using Eyefinity/Surround. If the displays are running independently, your framerate should be quite nice.

Being realistic you will have to get the amd 8350 to be able to get a good enough gpu to support triple monitors at playable frames

My best advise is to take your time.

Read, ask question, dont rush.

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing

Here's how a 770 reference card performs: http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/62331-msi-geforce-gtx-770-lightning-review-4.html

It's not a reference version review, but the numbers for it are in there, as well as for the 7970GHz.

and what about if i use a single monitor will that help me to get the fps higher

Yes. That will help you achieve a higher FPS. With a 1080p display, you should achieve an average of 60FPS or almost 60FPS for intensive games(BF3, Far Cry 3, etc)

and a other qeustion is it really worth buying  ssd.

becuae i think the diffenrence between a ssd and a hdd is just a ssd start programs and software seconds faster then a hdd.

is this right or am i wrong

I had this same problem and a did not buy an ssd and I am quite happy a didnt spend money on one as my hrd drive is fast enough

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AMD-X8-Core-FX-8350-4-0Ghz-ASUS-M5A78L-M-USB3-8GB-DDR3-1600-Viper-Venom-Red-/170941882827?pt=UK_Motherboards_CPUs&hash=item27ccee21cb

what about this bundle

Yes. It is worth buying an SSD. But if you can't afford one, save up.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AMD-X8-Core-FX-8350-4-0Ghz-ASUS-M5A78L-M-USB3-8GB-DDR3-1600-Viper-Venom-Red-/170941882827?pt=UK_Motherboards_CPUs&hash=item27ccee21cb

what about this bundle

I would go with the M5A97 R2.0 board which is an ATX board and has a better chipset with a 8350 and the ram that is in the bundle is ok

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/331597-30-what-chipsets-760g#10269440

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer