3k ppd on 7950?

Go to solution Solved by Whaler_99,

Hey guys just started folding and I'm running the F@H 7.3.6 client and my hd 7950 is only getting 3-4k ppd which seems extremely low. I'm just wondering how I can up this as most people seem to be getting atleast 10k and I heard that the latest client is going to up opencl peformance even more. Thanks for the help! I'm running at stock speeds.

Check the FAQ linked in my signature - you will find details there on adding a flag. The thing to remember, there are still older WU's that need to be completed, so sometimes you luck out with a good WU and get some great PDD and other times, not so much - but all these WU's need to be worked on... Just get through that one, add in the client-type flag and you should get a nice sample of various WU's.

Hey guys just started folding and I'm running the F@H 7.3.6 client and my hd 7950 is only getting 3-4k ppd which seems extremely low. I'm just wondering how I can up this as most people seem to be getting atleast 10k and I heard that the latest client is going to up opencl peformance even more. Thanks for the help! I'm running at stock speeds.

did you add the "client-type" "advanced" option?

I'm sure there's a thread here with it, I'll try to find it

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." Edgar Allan Poe

@natkoui

Check the FAQ linked in my signature - you will find details there on adding a flag. The thing to remember, there are still older WU's that need to be completed, so sometimes you luck out with a good WU and get some great PDD and other times, not so much - but all these WU's need to be worked on... Just get through that one, add in the client-type flag and you should get a nice sample of various WU's.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Yeah I read that and enabled the beta flag to no avail I might just have gotten a couple of bad WU in a row. Thanks I'll try a couple more WU's just incase I got unlucky.

Yeah I read that and enabled the beta flag to no avail I might just have gotten a couple of bad WU in a row. Thanks I'll try a couple more WU's just incase I got unlucky.

I had the same thing happen, You just have to wait until the core17 WU's come in and watch those numbers soar. :) Have fun folding !

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

I had the same thing happen, You just have to wait until the core17 WU's come in and watch those numbers soar. :) Have fun folding !

Good to know it's not just me, I guess I assumed all the old WU's would have been mostly gone by now. Thanks and I really enjoy folding I feel like I'm slowing getting revenge for all the people who've died of cancer.

The are actually a lot of older WU's left... that is one of the problems with a large Beta project like this past one, everyone jumps on it and a lot of older Projects get slowed down for a bit. We are now seeing the shift back so that they get done in a timely manner. Hence why you see lots of Core16 and such. Just need to slug through 'em...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

The are actually a lot of older WU's left... that is one of the problems with a large Beta project like this past one, everyone jumps on it and a lot of older Projects get slowed down for a bit. We are now seeing the shift back so that they get done in a timely manner. Hence why you see lots of Core16 and such. Just need to slug through 'em...

Wow just got my first couple of new Wu's I was hitting 90k PPD! Since amd gpus can fold now I decided to fold on an old 6850 at the same time (different pc) and I'm getting a constant "Wait:x.xx secs" then ready when it's done which will than go right back to a longer wait message any ideas? In the client it says update_core although I'm not sure how to about that. I'm running a dual core on this machine if that matters and it's happening to both cpu and gpu (12.4 drivers) . Thanks again guys!

Wow just got my first couple of new Wu's I was hitting 90k PPD! Since amd gpus can fold now I decided to fold on an old 6850 at the same time (different pc) and I'm getting a constant "Wait:x.xx secs" then ready when it's done which will than go right back to a longer wait message any ideas? In the client it says update_core although I'm not sure how to about that. I'm running a dual core on this machine if that matters and it's happening to both cpu and gpu (12.4 drivers) . Thanks again guys!

Update core error eh? Ok, stop the folding on that system. Go to Start -> FAH Client -> data directory.

If you GPU slot is 0 - delete the 0 folder. If 1, delete the one folding, etc. If happening to both, just delete everything under the Work folder.

Then, restart folding. Should fix it.

Update core error eh? Ok, stop the folding on that system. Go to Start -> FAH Client -> data directory.

If you GPU slot is 0 - delete the 0 folder. If 1, delete the one folding, etc. If happening to both, just delete everything under the Work folder.

Then, restart folding. Should fix it.

Wow thanks for the quick response I got to the data directory and all I see is themes and sample-config under sample config gpu is listed as slot 1 but I can't edit the file (.xml) I really appreciate your help.

Well that is a problem - you should have a Work folder under the Data folder. Have you rebooted?

Next - try uninstalling FAH. Reboot, re-install and test.

Also, in the Data directory, if there is a file called queue. something, try deleting it and restarting FAH.

Also, in the Data directory, if there is a file called queue. something, try deleting it and restarting FAH.

I reinstalled (for the 4th time) and it appears to be running although it still can't find opencl.dll so hopefully problem solved I'll update in a few minutes with results.

EDIT: The cpu has now started folding but the gpu still hasn't I'm guessing it's because it's a fresh install of windows so I'm re-installing video drivers

Can actually take a while, once it starts Folding, to update from the 0% or estimate the PPD - as in like 30 minutes to an hour, depending on the project you have and gear...

Also, when you uninstall, make you click the box to delete Data...

Can actually take a while, once it starts Folding, to update from the 0% or estimate the PPD - as in like 30 minutes to an hour, depending on the project you have and gear...

Also, when you uninstall, make you click the box to delete Data...

Alright thanks for your help I can't keep working on this but it appears to be running fine so I'll leave it at that thanks for all your help again!

Alright thanks for your help I can't keep working on this but it appears to be running fine so I'll leave it at that thanks for all your help again!

No problem! :)