How safe am I?

Hello, I was wondering how safe am I while transferring datas via a USB pendrive and then scanning in my dad's PC with Symantec Endpoint Protection (scanning directly the USB) and McAfee live scanning the whole system. None of them accused or found threats. I read the guide in the forum but thought that it was a little too much specific. Am I safe to use those files? Images and songs mostly, but I have some old games I wanted to install in my new machine

Thanks a bunch

You are using 2 condoms and want to know if you got chlamydia. Hell yeah you're safe.

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

Hello, I was wondering how safe am I while transferring datas via a USB pendrive and then scanning in my dad's PC with Symantec Endpoint Protection (scanning directly the USB) and McAfee live scanning the whole system. None of them accused or found threats. I read the guide in the forum but thought that it was a little too much specific. Am I safe to use those files? Images and songs mostly, but I have some old games I wanted to install in my new machine

Thanks a bunch

did your old pc have a virus?

ithink your just paranoid. 

Ebola is dangerous guys

did your old pc have a virus?

ithink your just paranoid. 

You are using 2 condoms and want to know if you got chlamydia. Hell yeah you're safe.

HAHAHHA guys chill out! My brand new rig vs my cutie windows XP, who was running perfectly fine, except for its obsolete hardware. Thanks a lot, I guess being cautious with my new beastie is a must for now on :D 

Don't double up! The increase in friction can cause em both to tear Kappa

But yeah, it should be fine.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Don't double up! The increase in friction can cause em both to tear Kappa

But yeah, it should be fine.

I knew someone was going to take it literally, who the hell in their right mind would use two!? Most people here would be lucky to use one!

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

None of them accused or found threats.

If someone wants to get in badly enough, they'll get in. But unless you work for CIA you're safe.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

If someone wants to get in badly enough, they'll get in. But unless you work for CIA you're safe.

Hackers =/= virus. Viruses attack everybody, everyone is a target. Hackers are the ones who target CIA. Big difference.

*NINJA SMOKES AWAY*

That's what I always think. WHY would someone bothers with my lovely files instead of going after real cash? I mean zombie pcs, yay, but invade banks ffs

Hackers =/= virus. Viruses attack everybody, everyone is a target. Hackers are the ones who target CIA. Big difference.

If said hackers decide to use a virus, only then will it be undetectable.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

If said hackers decide to use a virus, only then will it be undetectable.

Yes, and that virus will not be given to him through photograph and music files, so that is irrelevant with this particular scenario. 

so that is irrelevant with this particular scenario. 

Which was exactly my point

sudo chmod -R 000 /*