slay english

My system

i7 2700k at 4.6

980 ti classified

asus z77

120gb ssd

tx 750m

win 8.1

So when I play bf4 I get good gpu usage when I play on ultra, but If i turn settings down my frame rate doesn't go up my gpu usage just goes down.

Also I have it set to high performance in the nvidia control panel. My cores are also not parked. I've heard other with this issue with Maxwell cards.

did you cap the frame rate?

dont set to high performance

you can do high quality on a 980 ti

Even Ultra... I can do Ultra with my 2GB 770

My system

i7 2700k at 4.6

980 ti classified

asus z77

120gb ssd

tx 750m

win 8.1

So when I play bf4 I get good gpu usage when I play on ultra, but If i turn settings down my frame rate doesn't go up my gpu usage just goes down.

Also I have it set to high performance in the nvidia control panel. My cores are also not parked. I've heard other with this issue with Maxwell cards.

What do you mean high performance in Nvidia control panel? Just optimize the graphics with geforce experience

Even Ultra... I can do Ultra with my 2GB 770

i think he meant the slider in nvidia control panel

post-245931-0-74644100-1438709319.jpg

No frame cap. I will have to mess with the drivers tonight as I'm currently at work.

No frame cap. I will have to mess with the drivers tonight as I'm currently at work.

Hmm update your drivers and whatever you did in the controlpanel which hasn't to do with your screen, reset that

What is your base framerate at that's not increasing? That's kind of important, lol.

Generally speaking, a 980ti should have no problem running it on Ultra (My 970 can) so unless you're just getting low FPS in the first place, not sure what you're aiming for.

"Epic Voice, Quality Content"

What is your base framerate at that's not increasing? That's kind of important, lol.

Generally speaking, a 980ti should have no problem running it on Ultra (My 970 can) so unless you're just getting low FPS in the first place, not sure what you're aiming for.

On ultra I get anywhere from 120-160. The problem is if I lower a few setting s so I can get 144hz constant my gpu usage goes down instead of increased framerate. 

Simple, you're CPU limited.

Most of BF4's settings are GPU-based, but the CPU usage is still very high. Raising/lowering settings like lighting/AA/etc will ONLY affect GPU usage, and nothing else. Your 4.6GHz i7 should be capable of handling 125fps constant or above, but I can guarantee you the reason your FPS remains the same is cuz CPU limited

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday