Asus R9 280X DC2T running really loud

SuperShires

For some reason one of my R9 280X's is really loud at idle, I never really noticed it before but it really is loud but catalyst says that its at 20% fan speed. Is there any way of solving this?

For some reason one of my R9 280X's is really loud at idle, I never really noticed it before but it really is loud but catalyst says that its at 20% fan speed. Is there any way of solving this?

Are you sure it is your gpu and not your cpu, psu, or maybe case fans?

Also download msi afterburner to see the idle clocks, temps and the actual fan speed. If you dont like the fanspeed you can also adjust it with msi afterburner!

System: CPU - I5-6500 Motherboard - Asus B150M-A RAM - Crucial ballistix sport 2x4GB DDR4 @2400MHz GPU - RX 480 PSU - Seasonic S12II 520W Case - Aerocool Aero-800 HDD - Seagate 1TB SSD - PNY CS1311 120GB Monitor - AOC G2260VWQ6

Also download msi afterburner to see the idle clocks, temps and the actual fan speed. If you dont like the fanspeed you can also adjust it with msi afterburner!

Yeah its probably something else in his case.

Yeah its probably something else in his case.

I dont think its the CPU as i fixed that the other day, though the pump is running at 2300rpm (i have a corsair h110i GT) the case fans are new and ive turned them all off, ive swapped both my GPUs around and its still quite loud, like theyre not super loud or anything but noticeable now

I dont think its the CPU as i fixed that the other day, though the pump is running at 2300rpm (i have a corsair h110i GT) the case fans are new and ive turned them all off, ive swapped both my GPUs around and its still quite loud, like theyre not super loud or anything but noticeable now

Have you tried plugging one at a time and alternating them? Taking both out and seeing if the noise is still there?

Have you tried plugging one at a time and alternating them? Taking both out and seeing if the noise is still there?

Yeah, i originally had the front 3 plugged into the fan hub but that ran them at full speed so i used a splitter for 2 of them and the other just plugged into the mobo, the cpu its self is silent and when i hold my ear to the rear exhaust of the top GPU thats where the noise comes from, corsair link states that its running at about 1100rpm

Yeah, i originally had the front 3 plugged into the fan hub but that ran them at full speed so i used a splitter for 2 of them and the other just plugged into the mobo, the cpu its self is silent and when i hold my ear to the rear exhaust of the top GPU thats where the noise comes from, corsair link states that its running at about 1100rpm

I was talking about the graphics cards. If they are asus dc cards i doubt at 20% they are the loudest thing in your case.

I was talking about the graphics cards. If they are asus dc cards i doubt at 20% they are the loudest thing in your case.

yeah thats what i was thinking, il give that a go actually, thanks for the tip