PC Building as Job.

Nosfy

When I worked in the Data centers for Godaddy I built the Dedicated Servers they sold all the time.

See I'm a 21st century digital boy,
I don't know how to live but I've got a lot of toys. 

Building personal rigs is not a money making venture. Every 14 year old can do it now, meaning you're up against someone who is willing to work for half your wage. The vast majority of people who have a gaming rig will build it themselves (or know someone who will help them) meaning you're only catering to a very small market of people who want something custom, but cbf building it.

Heavy modding is an even smaller market.

If you can finally made it to a famous customizing brand / studio, selling DIY Machines to a small bunch of people who want to have a unique build but don't have the time / knowledge to do themselves, that's nice.

Z9PE-D8 WS | Dual E5-2680 @ 2.70 GHz 16C / 32TGigabyte GTX680 2-Way-SLi | DDR3 8GB * 8 ECC 1333 | Plextor M3P SSD 256G | Antec HCP-1200 | HP ZR24w  

As Linus who have came to Singapore's Famous Sim Lim Square

there are shops which not only sell PC components but they do system building for customers as a free service

there are sort of pre-determined builds but you can pick and choose parts for your own PC.

and they can do it in 30 mins but you will need to do your own cable management and OS install.

oh screw that! if you are building it and skimping out of the cable management, Ill just take the boxes, and do it my self.

OP: Find a job building rigs, might and will be hard. Like others have said, troubleshooting cleaning and stuff like that, if you are young start a craigslist, but I someone over 25 really wouldn't higher a kid(sorry kids)

Also, what I have notice, Working a job that involves your hobbie/passion/love....can take it that feeling away from you. 

I'm only posting to increase the panda avatar count.

Panda Power.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

I'm only posting to increase the panda avatar count.

Then quit posting

Most PC retailers like where I work or our compeditors: PCCG, MWave, CenterCom ect all employee dedicated system builders who spend their day assmebling and testing PC's. They're also all split between casual, part time and full time too.

There was not much competition like 10-15 years back, but now the computer stores give you the computer pre-built without any additional costs having the parts you want.

In my opinion its not that profitable now.

Desktop:

CPU : i5 4440 | Motherboard : Gigabyte B85M-D3H | RAM : Kingstone HyperX blu 4GB x2 | GPU : Asus R9 280X DC II Top [RIP 2017] | PSU : Corsair VS 550W | Display(s) : Dell S2240L | Mouse : Logitech G400s | Operating System : Windows 7 64bit

Laptop:

Acer Predator Helios 300 (CPU: Intel Core i5 7300HQ | GPU: GTX 1050ti | RAM: 16GB RAM | Operating System: Windows 10 64bit)