Need help what is the different between OEM key and normal

alhot11
Go to solution Solved by EmoPolarbear,

OEM key is original equipment manufacturer, they're keys given out to companies that build laptops and computer. Normal key is what you're going to want.

hey guys how is it going 

I want  to buy windows 8.1 professional so I can upgrade to windows 10  

what`s the different between OEM key and normal key ???

OEM key is original equipment manufacturer, they're keys given out to companies that build laptops and computer. Normal key is what you're going to want.

Intel Core i7 4790K >> MSI Z87I Gaming AC (MS-7887) >> G.Skill Ripjaws 2133 16GB >> Zotac GTX 980 >> Corsair 250D >> Samsung 840 Evo 250GB >> OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W >> Acer K2 27" Widescreen LED Monitor  (K272HLBMID) >> Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 MX Brown Switch Red RGB LED 87KEYS Mechanical Keyboard >> Mionix Avior 7000 >> HyperX Cloud

OEM keys are generally locked to the hardware they are installed on.

This means that even though you have a licence to use the OS, it only counts for the individual system you are using. If you built a new rig, and tried to use the OEM key, it may not work.

The windows 10 upgrade is fulfilled by an OEM-style key, as far as I am aware, so take that into consideration when making the upgrade. I wouldn't upgrade to windows 10 if you are planning on doing a major rig upgrade in the next 10 months or so.