Laptop with touchscreen that can game?

melias24

Like the title says guys, any suggestions on touchscreen laptops that can game? And no we don't have the lenovo y50 available in Australia. Most I want to spend is $1500 and lower AUD. Preferably a laptop that can run GTA 5 on medium @1080p. Touchscreen isn't a deal breaker but I'd prefer it. Opinions on brands such as Acer and Lenovo? I was looking at lenovos y50 non touch that is here in Aus, and acers Aspire Nitro. Anyone had experience with the 2 mentioned?

~Elias

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

Bump, anyone have an answer? Posted at an odd time

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

I am pretty sure that the Razer blade has a touch screen. 

Says on their website under Tech specs: "14.0" IGZO QHD+ 16:9 Ratio, 3200x1800, with LED backlight, capacitive multi-touch" 

http://www.razerzone.com/au-en/gaming-systems/razer-blade 

The only issue is that it is the more expensive model. I don't think it will fit your budget of $1500 AUD. 

Well firstly, $1500 AUD is a very VERY low amount. Because your country is shit and rips you off with tech prices. Don't worry, my country is shit too.

Anyway, gaming laptops usually don't have touch screens, so the chance of finding a good one that has a touch screen is almost nonexistent.

I can guarantee you that any Acer trying to run GTA V is going to overheat its CPU, unless you're fine with locking the game's FPS to 30. They don't know the meaning of "cooling".

Lenovo out of the box will kill your turbo boost when the CPU and GPU are both being stressed, so it may not overheat... but performance would be less than a CPU which is properly turbo boosting.

And even that Razer would be a terrible idea because there's no way a 960M or 965M is going to run an 1800p screen with something like GTA V. Its CPU is also likely to overheat, because it's so thin its cooling is not good.

Your best bet is likely to give up on either the "touch screen" aspect, or the "playing GTA V" aspect.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Well firstly, $1500 AUD is a very VERY low amount. Because your country is shit and rips you off with tech prices. Don't worry, my country is shit too.

Anyway, gaming laptops usually don't have touch screens, so the chance of finding a good one that has a touch screen is almost nonexistent.

I can guarantee you that any Acer trying to run GTA V is going to overheat its CPU, unless you're fine with locking the game's FPS to 30. They don't know the meaning of "cooling".

Lenovo out of the box will kill your turbo boost when the CPU and GPU are both being stressed, so it may not overheat... but performance would be less than a CPU which is properly turbo boosting.

And even that Razer would be a terrible idea because there's no way a 960M or 965M is going to run an 1800p screen with something like GTA V. Its CPU is also likely to overheat, because it's so thin its cooling is not good.

Your best bet is likely to give up on either the "touch screen" aspect, or the "playing GTA V" aspect.

So one of those thick Asus ROG or MSI with the dual fans would be a better option? Or should I just save up for a laptop separately and keep the desktop?

So one of those thick Asus ROG or MSI with the dual fans would be a better option? Or should I just save up for a laptop separately and keep the desktop?

Yes, those would be better to make sure the laptop works properly. Also thanks for saying "dual" and not "duel" like half the people on the net.

If you're considering saving up a bit, might I suggest a Clevo P650SE? It's not too big but should satisfy your needs. Metabox should sell them right there in AUS for you. I couldn't begin to guess the price, however.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Yes, those would be better to make sure the laptop works properly. Also thanks for saying "dual" and not "duel" like half the people on the net.

If you're considering saving up a bit, might I suggest a Clevo P650SE? It's not too big but should satisfy your needs. Metabox should sell them right there in AUS for you. I couldn't begin to guess the price, however.

Are Clevo a good reliable brand??

Are you kidding? Clevo is god. 

Okay, just kidding, but they're awesome.

EDIT: Have you ever heard anyone with 3 cooling fans in a laptop?

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

Honestly, they're the current kings of gaming laptops. Alienware let that title go with their current line (and a lot of their price too)