Standalone microphone?

Dudenstein

I'm currently in the market for a desktop microphone. I don't even know where to begin. I've been hearing the Blue Snowball and Yeti are really good but they are a tad expensive as I'm in the market for one that's about $30. Any advice would be great in this little predicament that I've found myself in. Thanks in advance for anyone that can help out.

$30 probably won't get you anything decent. Spending that little will probably get you something that might sound okay but probably wont last very long. It'd probably be best to save up and get the blue snowball. Blue make great products. Also, if you do some googling you can get some normal mics for your price range. Unfortunately, you'd need an audio interface as well. Logitec does make one mic that could do you: http://www.stockbuggy.com/Logitech-USB-Desktop-Microphone-LOG9801860403-Pr-p/log9801860403.htm?utm_content=LOG9801860403&utm_source=GoogleShopping&utm_medium=ShoppingComparison&utm_term=LOG9801860403&utm_campaign=MerchAdvan&site=google_base&zmam=66182800&zmas=1&zmac=1&zmap=LOG9801860403&gclid=CKqAiPrjtLUCFYdxQgodHkgA3Q not the best ever but it'll suffice.

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!