Misplaced SSD

LargeBanana
Go to solution Solved by Dinodaur,
-snip-

You will be fine, your computer will recognise the SSD as normal and if you don't power on the PC in between changing cable you probably won't have to change boot order.

okay so I recently build a gaming pc and i misplaced my ssd, i know it's dumb but i need help and enlightenment.

so i put the ssd in the place where it can't be seen which is a shame, and then i realized that h440 does have a place where we can show off the ssd right above the PSU shroud, now i want to move this ssd which already has windows 10 in it and a bunch of games. how can i move this ssd? if i switch it's cable will my pc still recognize it the same?

the thing is of course i won't pull my sata cable all the way to the PSU shroud, i want to route a new cable from behind it so I can keep the clean look. NOW the question, is using different cable going to mess with everything inside it or the way it's seen by my pc? 

nope, you don't have to worry about it, maybe you will need to change the hdd priority in the bios, other than that, that's it.

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

-snip-

You will be fine, your computer will recognise the SSD as normal and if you don't power on the PC in between changing cable you probably won't have to change boot order.

thank you so much guys, now I have confidence to do it.

and thank god there is not even a single negative comment. now if I can extend my question. I'm currently using MSI Z97 gaming 5 for my mobo and hyperx cloud 1 headset

do I need to buy amp or dac? I mean do I really need to?

-

I have the HyperX Cloud II headset, and the only reason I could see someone wanting to use an AMP or DAC is to possibly enhance the bass response. I don't use either. 

I have the HyperX Cloud II headset, and the only reason I could see someone wanting to use an AMP or DAC is to possibly enhance the bass response. I don't use either. 

thank you