Windows 10 Black Screen + Cursor

Viper4060
Go to solution Solved by Viper4060,

Well guys i think i found the solution, I remembered that i had a custom theme/patched windows 8.1 and I uninstalled that patch and theme back to normal 8 then updated. 

So i have an issue with windows 10 I see windows 10 log me into my account welcome screen then I see a black screen cursor and nothing else (sometimes i get a fraps error message could not ) and Norton pops up after awhile says its preforming background tasks Cntrl+Alt+Del click task manger does nothing. So after awhile I heard it was gpu drivers, so i tried iGPU same thing. Safe Mode would not work. So i tried Safe Mode with CMD. Then i created a windows new admin user. Updated my Gpu driver (by this time I was back on my 780ti). That user worked fine. But my other user is still a turd. 

So i have an issue with windows 10 I see windows 10 log me into my account welcome screen then I see a black screen cursor and nothing else (sometimes i get a fraps error message could not ) and Norton pops up after awhile says its preforming background tasks Cntrl+Alt+Del click task manger does nothing. So after awhile I heard it was gpu drivers, so i tried iGPU same thing. Safe Mode would not work. So i tried Safe Mode with CMD. Then i created a windows new admin user. Updated my Gpu driver (by this time I was back on my 780ti). That user worked fine. But my other user is still a turd. 

Upgrade or clean install?

Any chance you could've deleted files in Program files?

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

Upgrade or clean install?

also...did you keep your old files and settings when doing the upgrade?

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

it was a normal upgrade though windows 8.1. Program Files is fine. 

nope only one ROG Swift

Hmm oke, well i had the saim as you but then i disconnected my tv ( wich was connected with hdmi ) and now everything works fine cus mine was set on default expand screen.

Like I said the other account I created works fine but i want my account back.

Happened to me once (and I've only rebooted/logged in a few times.) After waiting about 30 seconds it finally loaded everything.

Happened to me once (and I've only rebooted/logged in a few times.) After waiting about 30 seconds it finally loaded everything.

I have let it set there at the black screen for 5 hours.

Well guys i think i found the solution, I remembered that i had a custom theme/patched windows 8.1 and I uninstalled that patch and theme back to normal 8 then updated.