Windows 10: mouse not working

Tac127

So I just installed Windows 10 and after it booted up I quickly realized my Portia optical usb hp id09 rohs mouse won't work my keyboard works but my mouse does not I have tried restarting to no avail I also noticed that the red sensor light will come on when I boot up but if I unplug it than plug it back in the sensor does not come on again I've tried it with two different usb 3.0 ports I also tried it with my ps/2 Mouse and the sensor won't come on either next I will try rebooting with the ps/2 mouse plugged in p.s. I have waited for about an hour to see if a driver will download

Edit: if I reboot with my ps/2 mouse plugged in the sensor will turn in but it still won't work

Edit 2: I figured out the problem it turned out there is an issue with the driver for the front isn 3.0 controller any one have a fix for that thanks

did you try downloading the drivers on your own?

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

did you try downloading the drivers on your own?

i can't not with out a mouse plus where would I get drivers for a mouse

i can't not with out a mouse plus where would I get drivers for a mouse

no laptop or anything? you could grab the drivers and put them on a usb, then install them on your PC

if your mouse has any software to go along with it, usually you can just look up the name of the mouse with the word "drivers" after it

if not then im sorry I don't know how to help.  lots of problems with windows 10, as it just released.  Could have to wait till someone finds a fix.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

no laptop or anything? you could grab the drivers and put them on a usb, then install them on your PC

if your mouse has any software to go along with it, usually you can just look up the name of the mouse with the word "drivers" after it

if not then im sorry I don't know how to help. lots of problems with windows 10, as it just released. Could have to wait till someone finds a fix.

im not shure of I can wait as this PCs is my daily driver and how am I supposed to install the drivers with no mouse

im not shure of I can wait as this PCs is my daily driver and how am I supposed to install the drivers with no mouse

• plug in the usb with the drivers
  • hit the windows key
  • navigate with arrow keys over to "computer" and press enter
  • navigate with arrow keys over to USB disk and press enter
  • navigate to driver file and press enter
  • enjoy

this is all assuming your mouse has included drivers, and that said drivers would even be compatible with windows 10

• hit the windows key
  • enjoy

this is all assuming your mouse has included drivers, and that said drivers would even be compatible with windows 10

why doesn't my ps/2 Mouse work than

• hit the windows key
  • enjoy

oh and for the life of me I can't find a driver for my mouse