Startup problem

Hello everyone,

Every once in a while when I turn on my PC it will boot and log into Windows, but once on the desktop it will cease doing any further processes, and the only program that's loaded is Nvidia GeForce Experience. No desktop icons load, no programs are loading at all that should be such as f.lux, CAM 2.0, razer synapse, etc. Even Ctrl+Shift+Esc won't open my task manager. After around 1.5 minutes all the programs will then instantly load as normal. My Windows is 8.1 on an Intel 730 240gb SSD, along with most startup programs. ANy theories as to why this is occuring? It only started happening recently.

Another issue I think might be related is the fact that my ram is constantly reaching near 100% load after only a few hours of my computer running. After around 3 hours today with only google chrome open along with a single non-demanding steam game, it was reaching above the 90% margin. Is there a way to identify whether my ram may be faulty? When I turn on my PC it's only on 25-30% load. Thanks :)

Specs are:
i5 4690k
Gigabyte gtx 770
ASRock fatal1ty z97 mobo
Kingston hyperx 8gb 1600mhz ram
Evga 750w PSU
WD 1TB HDD for games.
Intel 730 SSD for windows and small programs.
Windows 8.1

Hello everyone,

Every once in a while when I turn on my PC it will boot and log into Windows, but once on the desktop it will cease doing any further processes, and the only program that's loaded is Nvidia GeForce Experience. No desktop icons load, no programs are loading at all that should be such as f.lux, CAM 2.0, razer synapse, etc. Even Ctrl+Shift+Esc won't open my task manager. After around 1.5 minutes all the programs will then instantly load as normal. My Windows is 8.1 on an Intel 730 240gb SSD, along with most startup programs. ANy theories as to why this is occuring? It only started happening recently.

Another issue I think might be related is the fact that my ram is constantly reaching near 100% load after only a few hours of my computer running. After around 3 hours today with only google chrome open along with a single non-demanding steam game, it was reaching above the 90% margin. Is there a way to identify whether my ram may be faulty? When I turn on my PC it's only on 25-30% load. Thanks :)

Specs are:

i5 4690k

Gigabyte gtx 770

ASRock fatal1ty z97 mobo

Kingston hyperx 8gb 1600mhz ram

Evga 750w PSU

WD 1TB HDD for games.

Intel 730 SSD for windows and small programs.

Windows 8.1

Possible virus/malware activities. 

I virus scan my PC fairly regularly, there's never been a situation where I've had any viruses, let alone them affecting the performance of my PC. I'm virus scanning right now, I'll post details. Thanks for the response :)

~snip~

Hey there Entricks,

I would do a memtest and check for memory leaks to see if the RAM is the one at fault. Here's more info on that: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms859408.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396
Also how are your temperatures going when you are playing games?
I'd check the storage drives for errors just to be on the safe side that they are not causing the issues. I would recommend using tools provided by the manufacturer. For the WD drive that would be WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostic: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=AvA1wp

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

My temps are very good when under load. My GPU never goes above 70 degrees C. even while playing the most graphically intense games, and my CPU is always under 50 degrees C. I feel as though it could be my ram. I've been planning on upgrading to higher mhz ram for a long time, as well as to 16GB, so that should undoubtedly solve that issue regarding high load percentages. As for the startup programs, pretty much everything is on my SSD. If I'm still getting these weird startups after I upgrade, then I'm definitely going to find the problem and fix it asap. It's not a common thing, but it's just annoying.

My temps are very good when under load. My GPU never goes above 70 degrees C. even while playing the most graphically intense games, and my CPU is always under 50 degrees C. I feel as though it could be my ram. I've been planning on upgrading to higher mhz ram for a long time, as well as to 16GB, so that should undoubtedly solve that issue regarding high load percentages. As for the startup programs, pretty much everything is on my SSD. If I'm still getting these weird startups after I upgrade, then I'm definitely going to find the problem and fix it asap. It's not a common thing, but it's just annoying.

8GB on 1600MHz should be plenty for gaming unless you are doing 4K on 60FPS so I doubt that would fix it if something is eating your RAM. Also if part of your RAM has problems, increasing the amount without replacing the bad stick won't fix anything so I'd test what you currently have before deciding to upgrade. 

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/