5820k adaptive voltage problem

nicon

OK, I have a pretty crappy 5820k that reaches ~4.46 get at 1.32 volts. It sorta sux. Here is what I've got.

Cpu:

35x (Bclk=128) = 4480mhz

Input - 1.9v

LLC - Level 3

Vcore - 1.32

Cache - 1.3v

Cache - 30 (3822mhz)

Ram:

Xmp 2.0 = 2816mhz

Auto voltage

OK so basically what I'm trying to do is to set up offset voltages so my chip doesn't run hot at idle (50c on a u14s).

Now since my mobo is an asrock, it has this thing called adaptive mode,where it has the "Adaptive voltage" and then the "Voltage additional offset." I have no f-ing clue what that means. The only coming I've ever done was with override voltages.

I followed some guides online and I tried to set my "Adaptive voltage" to 1.33v and my "Voltage additional offset" to -0.010 which should equal 1.32v. So I saved and tried to boot into Windows. It kept getting stuck on the BIOS splash screen and rebooting in an infinite loop, I couldn't get into the bios either. I eventually coaxed it into booting into Windows. I started a stress test, but the CPU speed never went above 3.4ghz and the voltage stayed around 1.08v. WHAAA?

I just wanna get this "adaptive" bs working so I can live in peace. You can probably tell I'm pretty f-ing irritated by this.

P. S. I know that more of my voltages (cache, input) can be adaptive so I would like to set those up too.

Ugh