so here is what my situation is.

on Sunday i accidentally got coke onto my macbook pro 13" retina (i also have only had the thing for 4 weeks and managed to void the warranty in that time so I'm really happy about that :)) and it now won't power on without a charger. So i took it to the apple store and they said that the coke got into the motherboard and the battery and to replace them both would pretty much be the same cost of a new laptop. They also said that they were not sure which component was causing it and they said that if they replace the battery that it might fix it but they weren't sure.

So, what i decided to do when i got home was to run all the apps i could on the machine to get it hot to see where the heat was coming from and noticed that there was no heat at all coming from where the battery is located and only on where i suspect the cpu is located. My first question is when a laptop is running under extreme pressure, would the laptop battery heat up or no? And if so would it be staying cool due to having the laptop plugged into a charger. Im asking this because I'm thinking about risking paying $250 for a battery replacement but not to sure because i don't want it to not work and to have wasted $250, but am currently not a fan of having my laptop work as a desktop computer. Thanks for helping out.

No, it won't heat up unless it's being used or charging.

I have NO IDEA why you would need to pay $250 for a battery... even for AUS that's expensive... (then again... "macs") but if you buy it and it doesn't work you can sell it again.

Also, you really should consider selling that shitbook and buying a different kind of machine. Maybe one with accidental damage protection in its warranty. *points toward Dell XPS 13*

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday